Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC and SL Religion and Philosophy courses
Has anyone taken Straighterline's Religion or Philisophy course and transferred it to Thomas Edison? Primarily, I'm wanting to know if they are truly counted as humanities (instead of just free electives).

Thanks!
I do not see religion or philosophy listed on Straighterline's list of courses that TESC accepts.
BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics, 2013 - TESC - Arnold Fletcher Award
AAS in Applied Computer Studies, 2013 - TESC
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
9 ALEKS Credits - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry
9 Straighterline Credits - Business Communication, Microeconomics, English Composition II
6 TESC Credits - Global Environmental Change
3 DSST Credits - Environment and Humanity
I know. Smile

That's why I'm curious if anyone has taken them and how they were treated.

AlbaTiVo Wrote:I do not see religion or philosophy listed on Straighterline's list of courses that TESC accepts.
I'm not sure I follow what you are asking then. If Straighterline says that TESC does not accept them you will not receive college credit for them with TESC.
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
9 Straighterline Credits - Business Communication, Microeconomics, English Composition II
AlbaTiVo Wrote:I'm not sure I follow what you are asking then. If Straighterline says that TESC does not accept them you will not receive college credit for them with TESC.

Straighterline doesn't get to say what TESC will or will not accept. For example, if you do a search here Thomas Edison State College: Course Offerings for the terms REL and PHI, you'll get these two courses that pop up.

[INDENT]Introduction to Religion (REL-100) 3.00 s.h.
Important and typical ways of being religious; exploring such questions as the nature of religious experience, the nature and function of religious scripture, stories, beliefs, and rituals, and the roles of religions in social and individual life.

Introduction to Philosophy (PHI-101) 3.00 s.h.
Examination of fundamental philosophical issues such as the meaning and basis of moral judgements, free will and determinism, theism and atheism, knowledge and skepticism, consciouness and the brain.[/INDENT]

It would seem that the SL courses might transcribe to those . . . just curious if anyone has done that yet. That's all . . .
I doubt that Straighterline's chart is up to date or that TESC has even evaluated the courses that have been created in the past 6 months or so.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I assumed that since they were a partner college they had already worked together to verify what would or would not be accepted. Sorry if I led you astray.
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
I sent a message to TESC and got a reply back today. Both of those courses would transcribe as humanities. (The message came from Celestine Wynn, Senior Program Advisor)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 5,038 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,281 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,345 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,869 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  CIS vs COS courses for a BALS concentration in CS at TESU jeffreymb 1 1,361 07-25-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 6,374 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU Psychology courses & grad school prospects. advancedmemetics 5 1,924 07-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Two More UL Courses and Capstone MrBossmanJr 17 3,966 06-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Last Post: MrBossmanJr
  TEEX Courses at TESU BSLIONS 25 7,284 06-11-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: maplefu
  Excelsior Ethics courses radconjohn 10 3,416 06-01-2018, 12:28 AM
Last Post: dfrecore