Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members
TESU uses ProctorU and it's all going to depend on the proctor or your computer. I have done over 30+ ProctorU exams on StraighterLine alone, it doesn't really bother me, I've had a couple or three issues here and there, I just go with the flow and get it done...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680
(04-18-2024, 11:51 PM)TopHatWombat Wrote: For the final project, I chose the nuclear power case scenario (the scenario requirements are visible in a publicly available document that anybody can see before they register for the class, so I don't think I'm giving away anything secret here). This was based on my experience in that industry, the fact that it was the subject of my first TESU degree 20 years ago, and just a continued personal interest in the subject. One interesting difference between that case scenario and the other two options is that the other two specifically state which companies you're analyzing and writing a recommendation for (Google and Lockheed Martin), whereas the third option just says "a utility company". My assumption is that most students chose to write the case study about TEPCO, since that is the owner of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant that experienced the disaster in question. I took a very different approach, however, and choose a specific U.S. utility company that happens to own and operate a nuclear power plant as part of their energy mix. This is submitted but not yet graded, so I don't know yet whether my approach was welcome or not, but I think it allowed me to present the analysis and strategy options from a unique perspective. I guess I'll edit this post after grades in a couple weeks to reflect how it was received.  Big Grin My total time spent on the final project was about 12 hours.

Just to follow up on this: My approach to the final project turned out to be acceptable, as Dr. Courts gave me a 100% on it. Final grade for the course was a 97%, with my only "miss" being an 89% on the midterm exam. I'll thus reiterate use of the Quizlets posted earlier as being excellent preparation for the exam, while adding an emphasis on writing quality papers so that you get a 100% on all those, minimizing the impact of a lower midterm exam grade.
In progress: TESU: BS CIS | Coursera: Google IT Support
Completed: TESU: BSAST Nuclear Engineering Technology (2004)
[-] The following 1 user Likes TopHatWombat's post:
  • akr680
You may not need to use academic sources for your citations, depending on your professor.

For example, with Dr. Cruse, we were allowed to use sources from established news outlets. It might be helpful to clarify the citation requirements if they aren't provided in the welcome forums.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • jg_nuy
In terms of difficulty and time commitment, is it easier to do the Guided Study version of the capstone than the Online Course version?
Yenisei Wrote:In terms of difficulty and time commitment, is it easier to do the Guided Study version of the capstone than the Online Course version?

I've not tried the GS option, but believe it's practically the same, as OL has discussions, GS has extra assignments... Both are to be done in the same number of weeks.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU New Website LevelUP 12 705 10-13-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Credly and Non ACE Certs > TESU credit? mbcummings 9 481 10-12-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Theater Arts/BSBA Entrepreneurship vs UMPI's Accounting or Hist/PoliSci trying2grad 14 1,417 10-10-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: trying2grad
  TESU and DEAC wow 12 561 10-09-2024, 05:45 PM
  Google Cloud Data Analytics- UL credits for TESU charfife 12 1,261 10-06-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: thornytumbleweed
  2024 TESU Commencement - October 5th jch 4 544 10-05-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jch
  New WIki TESU BS Cloud Computing Degree Plan LevelUP 2 239 10-03-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Biology Bachelor kakasahib 1 235 09-28-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Any reason not to drop BSBA CIS from the old TESU catalog? jazzcat 2 267 09-24-2024, 10:23 AM
  TESU Dual CS/CIS Degree Help! comatose95 13 658 09-24-2024, 10:15 AM