Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Business Statistics MATH 150 Final Questions
I am taking the final in about a week, however, due to recent family issues coupled with job and school (classes outside of Straighterline) I haven't put my 100% focus into this course.

I am at 90% right now, and my program requires at least a B in all prereqs, Business Stats being one of them.

My question would be how difficult is the final exactly? Are there a lot of calculation questions or word/definition questions? Are questions taken from the graded quizzes or are they completely new? I'd just like to know what exactly I'm walking into so I can tailor my study/review around it to save time and ensure a higher grade. Any useful tips on what I should have on my cheat sheet would be great as well - anything helps as I'm not going to lie, I haven't grasped all the equations and formulas 100%. I've basically relied on cheat sheets (having formulas and what they do in front of me) and the fact that most of my graded quizzes didn't have that many calculation problems on it.

Also, any insight into the whole proctoring process would be appreciated. I've read some horror stories about proctors not allowing you to use materials that Straighterline site itself says you're allowed to use, and I've even heard that they require a view onto your desk at all times? I feel that's a bit invasive seeing as I just get anxious overall when someone is staring at me doing my stuff the whole time.

Basically I'm freaking out a little because I really need a B and I don't think my grasp on the actual calculation part is strong enough to pull off a decent grade. Also, I glossed over the Excel parts seeing as I'm taking this for a Psych program not a business program, so I'm hoping they don't expect me to actually do stuff with Excel on the exam.

Any tips, tricks, or experiences with this final would help! Thank you!
I can't help you out with the math questions, but I have had no issues at all with ProctorU. I have always been allowed to use the appropriate materials. If for some reason they say you cannot use what you should be able to, have them double check with Straighterline and stand firm. They do require a view of you and your desktop, but that is to validate what you are doing as if they are actually in the room with you. I too get nervous and anxious when testing, but once I start I forget all about it as my mind is strictly on the test. You also are not the only one they will be watching so they will not be staring at you, they will be constantly monitoring several people at once. Spend your time studying and getting your notes together, not worrying about the proctoring. Good luck to you!
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
deedee24 Wrote:Also, I glossed over the Excel parts seeing as I'm taking this for a Psych program not a business program, so I'm hoping they don't expect me to actually do stuff with Excel on the exam.

Complete tangent, but I found Psych tends to end up requiring more math/Excel than business, with Finance being the exception within business.

Psych tends to move down a research and statistics path, and Business is more application of theory.
Educational Goal: MBA by Spring 2018
B.S. in Business Administration, COSC, Expected Winter 2015, Started May 30, 2015

Upcoming:
Fall Courses (9c): COSC BUS 201: Business Statistics | BYU ENGL 316: Technical Writing | BYU Psych 330: Organizational Psychology
Progress (89/120c):
8/16/2015 COSC (3c): IDS 101 Cornerstone: A
8/08/2015 UExcel (6c): Research Methods in Psychology: A | Social Psychology: A
7/20/2015 UExcel (6c): Human Resource Management: A | Labor Relations: A
7/06/2015 CLEP (6c): American Government: 63 | Principles of Microeconomics: 73
7/02/2015 UExcel (3c): Organization Behavior: A
6/19/2015 DSST (9c): Business Ethics and Society: 453 | Environment and Humanity: 444 | Substance Abuse: 427
6/15/2015 CLEP (12c): Information Systems: 77 | Introductory Business Law: 71 | Principles of Marketing: 71 | Principles of Management: 73
6/12/2015 Transfer Credits post Academic Forgiveness (44c): Community College: 36c | AP: 8c

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are discussion questions becoming irrelevant with AI?? Vle045 26 1,332 08-19-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,587 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Reasonably priced upper-division RA math courses Ivo Lah 5 576 06-18-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,460 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,538 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 507 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 445 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 637 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  CSM Math - what's it like? CircleT7 25 3,115 11-14-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  online RA undergrad discrete math course nomaduser 12 1,403 09-08-2023, 12:56 AM
Last Post: nomaduser