Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
COSC Questions Answered Here :)
HorseManiac Wrote:Okay, but what I am trying to see is how different my degree plan will be at COSC. I am trying to fill in the gen eds and was wondering how many credits that would give b/c if it is more than 1 credit then I won't need as many electives! Smile Was it one credit or is it something I don't need to worry about?

Sorry...it's three LL credits. Remember also that your Capstone is three UL credits.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
To Burbuja0512...Thank you Smile You have answered so many questions that I had. Also, you all have inspired me to return to school and finally earn my Bachelor's degree. I have looked at the "Big 3" and I think Charter Oak will be a fit.
rebel100 Wrote:Sorry...it's three LL credits. Remember also that your Capstone is three UL credits.

Sweet thanks! I didn't know about the capstone as 3 UL! That's great!
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
I was looking in the COSC catalog and I have a question about the business concentration requirements. It says this in the catalog:

Finance ................................................................................. 3 cr
Must be in Business Finance subject area. (Personal
Finance is not allowed. Principles of Finance will meet
the Finance requirement but will not satisfy part of the
upper division requirements in the concentration.)

Does this mean that if I take Principles of Finance that it will count but won't be upper level credit? Any help with this would be appreciated.
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:

SAYLOR:

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
WOW! Thank you Burbuja0512! I was just about to ask this question and a few more COSC questions.

I had originally planned to attend Excelsior. But I did not enroll last year prior to the deadline concerning GRE's. So, I will attend COSC. I'm still collecting credits so I only have to pay minimal enrollment fees.

I'm thinking BA or BS with concentrations in marketing (like a major) and psychology (like a minor), if that is an option at COSC. (I know COSC doesn't have majors and minors.) There doesn't seem to be a concentration for marketing. Would Independent Study allow me to achieve my goal? Has anyone done this or something similar?
I was too planning on going with Excelsior but...COSC is still up there with me.

Question if I transfer other regionally accredited credits I achieved to COSC do they just issue a letter grade and not add it with the gpa? Or does COSC only calculate it's own gpa with the courses only at COSC?

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
How much does it cost to transfer in a 3 semester hour course from a briack and mortar school? How much does it cost to get COSC to award 3 hours of credit from AP/CLEP/DSST/GRE?
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
Transfering credits doesn't cost any money other than what you paid to obtain those credits.
Oohh.. Take a few days off for travel and look what happens Wink

Just kidding - so sorry for the delay. I will post a response to everyone's questions now. I guess better late than never. hilarious

@Pinkie - thank you!!!

@RVM - have you thought about LDAS? You can choose two subjects that suit your career needs? So, you can't have a major/minor, but you could do a LDAS with a concentration in marketing and psych. The only issue I would see here is that I'm not sure you'd have enough marketing tests to graduate. There are several marketing TECEP's, but the price of a TECEP for a non-TESC student is over 700 bucks. I would rather take a class than have the pressure of passing such an expensive test.

@Excelsior954: Your letter grades will transfer to COSC. This can be good and bad. LOL they accepted a D that I had in chemistry from years ago. It lowered my GPA but I have good enough grades that I'm over 3.0, which is all I care about. COSC also grants letter grades to SL courses and non-refreshed DSST's.

@clep3705 - You will need to pay the 75 bucks for an assessment just like you do with TESC and EC. They'll evaluate all of the transcripts that you send them and then you decide whether you pay to matriculate or not. Once you're enrolled, you just take your tests as normal and have CLEP/DSST send the results to COSC. No cost - just included in testing price.

@HorseManiac - I think I answered all of your questions in a PM, but keep 'em coming Wink

Whew... hope this helps!!! I'm home now so I promise I will answer additional questions without delay. Please let me know if I've missed one.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
burbuja0512 Wrote:Oohh.. Take a few days off for travel and look what happens Wink

Just kidding - so sorry for the delay. I will post a response to everyone's questions now. I guess better late than never. hilarious

@Pinkie - thank you!!!

@RVM - have you thought about LDAS? You can choose two subjects that suit your career needs? So, you can't have a major/minor, but you could do a LDAS with a concentration in marketing and psych. The only issue I would see here is that I'm not sure you'd have enough marketing tests to graduate. There are several marketing TECEP's, but the price of a TECEP for a non-TESC student is over 700 bucks. I would rather take a class than have the pressure of passing such an expensive test.

@Excelsior954: Your letter grades will transfer to COSC. This can be good and bad. LOL they accepted a D that I had in chemistry from years ago. It lowered my GPA but I have good enough grades that I'm over 3.0, which is all I care about. COSC also grants letter grades to SL courses and non-refreshed DSST's.

@clep3705 - You will need to pay the 75 bucks for an assessment just like you do with TESC and EC. They'll evaluate all of the transcripts that you send them and then you decide whether you pay to matriculate or not. Once you're enrolled, you just take your tests as normal and have CLEP/DSST send the results to COSC. No cost - just included in testing price.

@HorseManiac - I think I answered all of your questions in a PM, but keep 'em coming Wink

Whew... hope this helps!!! I'm home now so I promise I will answer additional questions without delay. Please let me know if I've missed one.

Thanks so much for being willing to answer all our questions! It is very much appreciated!
CLEP:

DSST:

ALEKS:

SAYLOR:

PENN FOSTER:

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,434 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BALS and Questions TexasTink 20 5,648 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: TexasTink
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,837 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BALS w/Concentration questions shadowgem 0 1,849 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,554 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  Need clarification.. Sorry for the newbie questions NoThesis 8 2,230 08-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  COSC AA Help CGaboury 9 3,296 08-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Wait, TESU or COSC? I need to commit NOW. Help! kietro 7 2,728 08-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Last Post: kietro
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 3,091 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 2,004 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98