Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly
(01-20-2023, 07:49 AM)P226mem Wrote:
(01-20-2023, 06:42 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Where does it say that COSC accepts Workforce credit? They're very strict now on what credit is and is not accepted.

Not sure what it says, but here is the link to COSC website on"non collegiate training programs" credit https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...ograms.php

It seems to be separate consideration from "non collegiate course providers"

They may have that wording in their catalog, but they cracked down a while ago and no longer accept most ACE/NCCRS credit, only what's listed on their website specifically.

They only take credit directly from course providers as far as I know.  They've just become a gigantic pain in the butt about this.  Not even sure whey they bother any longer.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • CatsDomino, jch
I can confirm COSC refused to accept my Sophia courses via Credly requiring me to use Parchment. However, COSC did accept the same Credly transcript for my CSM course.

COSC's should be removed from the big 3. Too many anti-student changes of late. Not transfer friendly. COSC accepted just 46 Sophia credits out of 95 towards a bachelor's in business. Other universities to whom I applied, accepted between 81 and 87 credit hours. Probably why they stopped waiving application fees.
For students who have significant RA transfer credit, including lots of UL credit, COSC could still work. That said, I agree that they're pretty much a goner as far as being able to get a typical degree is concerned.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-29-2023, 09:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote: For students who have significant RA transfer credit, including lots of UL credit, COSC could still work. That said, I agree that they're pretty much a goner as far as being able to get a typical degree is concerned.

COSC accepted my Credly transcript without a problem.

When Coursera was running their 30 days for $1.00 special I completed the Google Project Management Certificate and the Google Digital Marketing and E-Commerce Certificate.

COSC gave me a total of 18 credits for the two certificates, including six at the upper level. Not bad for a month and a dollar.

I sent the transcript to Registrar at CharterOak dot edu.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDave's post:
  • origamishuttle
(02-20-2024, 06:46 AM)BigDave Wrote: ...Google Project Management Certificate and the Google Digital Marketing and E-Commerce Certificate.

COSC gave me a total of 18 credits for the two certificates, including six at the upper level.

Congrats! This is potentially very good news, considering how many ACE-recommended Coursera certificates there are. Would you mind sharing for which COSC courses you received credit?
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
MKT 250 - E-Commerce
MKT 750 - Intro Digital Marketing
MKT 751 - Search Marketing

GEN 750 - Intro to Project Management
MGT 460 - Project Management (UL)
GEN 950 - Agile Managment (UL)
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDave's post:
  • origamishuttle
Interesting indeed, Coursera isn't in the list of Credit for Courses option: https://www.charteroak.edu/cpl/credit-for-courses.php
I wonder how they would take foreign credit, I think they'll take it as RA, thus COSC would still be a good option for those too...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,860 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 781 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,399 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,097 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,340 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,793 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,255 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,915 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,665 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Does Cosc waive GE for second degrees or needs to be met? Kab 7 1,589 02-10-2022, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Kab