Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP Biology
Has anyone done the Clep biology exam? Any tips on tackling this particular exam?
xpresscredit Wrote:Has anyone done the Clep biology exam? Any tips on tackling this particular exam?

I'm taking this on the 5th of next month!
Cleps Passed: (36) English Comp w/essay, Freshman Comp, A & I Lit, Princ of Management, , College Math, Humanities, US History 1 and US History 2, Marketing

Dantes Passed: (48) Astronomy, Supervision, Bus. Math, Intro to Bus, Human Resource Management, Ethics in America, Tech Writing, Intro to Computing, World Religions, Personal Finance, Intro to LE, Org Behavior, Environment & Humanity, Here's to your Health and Criminal Justice.

Traditional: (43)

FEMA: (13)

Military: (70+)
I liked REA and Biology Smart. I have also read good things about the IC flashcards.

For some people, it has been a tricky exam to pass.

Here is my feedback:

http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...#post67426
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
I second NAP's advice- my favorite resource was Biology Smart by Debbie Guest. I think it's a great book to start with. The Standard Deviants videos are great, too. The IC flash cards are good for reinforcement, and you can gauge your readiness with practice exams from Peterson's and the Official CLEP Study Guide. Also, don't forget about the Specific Exam Feedback section- there are a lot of helpful hints there. Hope this helps & good luck!
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkBlue"]B.S., Biology, Excelsior College
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
A site I found helpful for not only Biology but Chemistry, Algebra, Finance, etc. is below.
There are hundreds of videos on every science subject imaginable.

Khan Academy
I liked Hippocampus - AP biology, just know that the cell respiration and photosynthesis sections, they are in too much detail, the biology test is not that in depth.

Jodie
My feedback is somewhere around here on the forum. I used a somewhat unknown resource - the AP Flashcards. They were REALLY helpful and covered anything and everything that might come up on the exam. Having a broad, yet detailed, overview is the key to this test. Good luck!

`Dakota
"I am a firm believer in luck. The harder I work, the more I have of it" ~Thomas Jefferson

"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun rises; not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else." ~C.S. Lewis

"The greatest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it." ~John Ruskin

"A man is like a fraction whose numerator is what he is and whose denominator is what he thinks of himself. The larger the denominator, the smaller the fraction" ~Tolstoy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,897 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 694 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,233 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 1,074 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,841 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,481 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  Looking for an RA Online Biology II w Lab Fountains of Roses 10 1,966 02-06-2021, 11:42 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,400 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheap and Fast Online Biology Degrees mgmar22 2 1,832 01-09-2021, 07:53 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  Is the Straighterline Biology Lab Kit Reusalble or Consumable? JaronB34 1 1,458 10-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Lydclrk