Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEA & UAIII on Masstercursos
The trouble is that most of their new 'degrees' are only 26 ECTS, which falls far short of a full master's degree in any country I've looked at.

If you could get an evaluation as a US-style graduate certificate, maybe you could use that for entry to another program?

Just a thought!
Master Cursos is operating in a strange way. Entire degrees have suddenly disappeared. Some have reappeared but at inadequately low ECTS levels.

I wouldn't even bother with them if a full Master's is the goal. Too many better options out there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • Messdiener
(03-24-2024, 04:22 PM)Messdiener Wrote: ...Yet, if I list a bunch of unaccredited Máster courses from this relatively unknown provider, I either have to add a bunch of notations, do a lot of explaining during interviews, or simply have my CV thrown out before I get the chance to even meet with a company, even if listing these as professional development.

This is happening in the anglosphere as well. I have seen about a billion courses taught by American "gurus", some offering certificates of completion or "certification" (no accreditation, and a license is not needed to practice), which are titled things like "Master x y z". And I am getting a degree in Education, where in the public school industry they calling anything the students are supposed to learn "master" instead of "learn / know" on lesson plans and official board of education documents, despite the student being far from competent at that level - this trend may have influenced that. Anyways, unless you are in certain countries, you don't actually have to directly translate, or list the certificate on your CV as exactly what it has written on it (I wouldn't list a Spanish "bachillerato" on my CV as anything that could be misunderstood to mean a "baccalaureate"!). I have plenty of certifications and no one has ever complained that what I wrote on my CV didn't 1:1 match what the certificate said - 99% of potential employers never even ask to see the certificate, unless I am using it to get a visa. But I work in Education and the Hotel industry so your industry may be different.

(03-25-2024, 11:32 AM)lincolnlawyer Wrote: Just out of curiosity, do you feel the same about listing ENEB in your CV?

For ENEB in the US, I would list whatever the foreign credit evaluator deemed it to be because that is what an employer would need to see proof of (literally, when I turned in my foreign Bachelor's plus the FCE report to my employer, the hiring manager didn't even glance at my original Bachelor's documents, they only looked at the FCE report - and they barely even glanced at the FCE report!). If I already knew the job didn't require an FCE then I would just list it as a Master (based off the Validential report, and leaving out the fact that it is "unaccredited"), again because there would be proof to back it up with. 

In most other countries I would probably list it as a 1-Year Postgraduate Program, unless I knew (by reading that country's immigration laws, etc) that it could be counted as something better. I base this off of that most countries require at least a 15 ECTS final project or final thesis for it to count as an actual degree, and I took an exchange year which didn't have a final project, so the certificate for that just says "1-Year Course of Study".

In Europe I would just write exactly what it says on the certificate (60 ECTS Master in...) since they are supposed to take it at face value as long as it's not for education admissions or job licensing.

(03-26-2024, 06:25 AM)eLearner Wrote: Master Cursos is operating in a strange way. Entire degrees have suddenly disappeared. Some have reappeared but at inadequately low ECTS levels.

The degree I signed up for as well as the other ones I can remember looking at are still there and still with 64 ECTS, they are just on the second page of results. Not sure which ones got deleted.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nykorn's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
Masstercursos and a few other providers out there have awards, certificates, diplomas all with varying number of ECTS. If it's anywhere from 3 to 60 up to 64 ECTS credits, it should grant some credit after an evaluation. My point of view is that, awards 15 or less, certificates will be 30 or less, diplomas would be 60 plus, be careful when reviewing these offerings. The cost of these also vary, depending on your case use, you may want to get the most bang for the buck 60+ ECTS for the ROI/Value in the price you pay for.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-29-2024, 12:55 PM)nykorn Wrote: The degree I signed up for as well as the other ones I can remember looking at are still there and still with 64 ECTS, they are just on the second page of results. Not sure which ones got deleted.

There was no second page for a little while. For a little while, any programs over 650 hours were not available. The "Master's Degree in Clinical Evolutionary and Health Psychology" which was 3000 hours (120 ECTS) was removed and is still gone. You can see it here:

https://web.archive.org/web/202309251242...cursos.com

I'm sure there are others that have been removed, I just haven't bothered to make full comparisons.
(03-29-2024, 06:01 PM)eLearner Wrote:
(03-29-2024, 12:55 PM)nykorn Wrote: The degree I signed up for as well as the other ones I can remember looking at are still there and still with 64 ECTS, they are just on the second page of results. Not sure which ones got deleted.

There was no second page for a little while. For a little while, any programs over 650 hours were not available. The "Master's Degree in Clinical Evolutionary and Health Psychology" which was 3000 hours (120 ECTS) was removed and is still gone. You can see it here:

https://web.archive.org/web/202309251242...cursos.com

I'm sure there are others that have been removed, I just haven't bothered to make full comparisons.

I observed the same thing some weeks back, eLearner. I kept getting ads in my email, only to discover that Masstercursos had a ton of these new, 26 ECTS courses but had done away with most of their old ones.

It's great that some are back and available to learners, but one does wonder what the Masstercursos team is up to and what their long-term plan is.

As for that clinical psychology degree, I had had it bookmarked on my old computer and had hoped to look into it further but sadly that looks like it may never come to fruition.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Messdiener's post:
  • eLearner
Just checking anybody have luck having Mastercursos being evaluated by NACES?
I completed my Master in positive psychology from them, and also requested a separate CLEA U to issue on their paper.
Plan : EdD (Edgewood) | EdS (SouthCollege) | DHS (Capella) 
In Progress: DBA (GGU) | M.Ed & BA (UoPeople)
Completed:MS (I/O, Walden) | BA (TESU) | BLS (UMPI) | MBA (Isabel, UEL) | MA (Teesside) | MLPD (Griffith) | LLM (London Met) | MAPP (CLEA) | PhD (San Miguel)

ivanswk78 Wrote:Just checking anybody have luck having Mastercursos being evaluated by NACES?
I completed my Master in positive psychology from them, and also requested a separate CLEA U to issue on their paper.

Just wondering, does anything on the diploma or transcripts, or whatever you have from CLEA or Mastercursos indicate ECTS/Hours? If there are ECTS involved, you have a higher chance to get a NACES or AICE member to investigate further, it may be equally recognized as the ENEB offerings. If there are no signs of ECTS or anything similar, chances drop significantly as those would be more vocational than academic in nature.

(04-06-2024, 01:06 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
ivanswk78 Wrote:Just checking anybody have luck having Mastercursos being evaluated by NACES?

Just wondering, does anything on the diploma or transcripts, or whatever you have from CLEA or Mastercursos indicate ECTS/Hours?  If there are ECTS involved, you have a higher chance to get a NACES or AICE member to investigate further, it may be equally recognized as the ENEB offerings.  If there are no signs of ECTS or anything similar, chances drop significantly as those would be more vocational than academic in nature.

CLEA Diploma examples....

Original
MÁSTER EN PSICOLOGÍA CLÍNICA EVOLUTIVA Y DE LA SALUD

Formación realizada en el centro asociado MASSTERCURSOS con una carga lectiva de 3.000 horas con 200 créditos académicos,
equivalentes a 120 créditos ECTS, con fecha de inicio 01/06/2021 y fecha de finalización 05/06/2023. Título de extensión
universitaria-formación permanente dependiente del Departamento de Posgrado de la Universidad CLEA de México, en expedición
conjunta con la Agencia Universitaria DQ y UAIII.

Translated.
MASTER IN CLINICAL DEVELOPMENTAL AND HEALTH PSYCHOLOGY

Training carried out at the associated center MASSTERCURSOS with a teaching load of 3,000 hours with 200 academic credits,
equivalent to 120 ECTS credits, with a start date of 06/01/2021 and an end date of 06/05/2023. Extension Title
university-permanent training dependent on the Graduate Department of the CLEA University of Mexico, in expedition
jointly with the DQ University Agency and UAIII.
---------------------

Original
MÁSTER EN ARQUEOLOGÍA

Formación realizada en el centro asociado MASSTERCURSOS con una carga lectiva de 1600 horas con 107 créditos académicos,
equivalentes a 64 créditos ECTS, con fecha de inicio 20/06/2022 y fecha de finalización 12/06/2023. Título de extensión
universitaria-formación permanente dependiente del Departamento de Posgrado de la Universidad CLEA de México, en expedición
conjunta con la Agencia Universitaria DQ y UAIII.

Translated
MASTER IN ARCHEOLOGY

Training carried out at the associated center MASSTERCURSOS with a teaching load of 1600 hours with 107 academic credits,
equivalent to 64 ECTS credits, with a start date of 06/20/2022 and an end date of 06/12/2023. Extension Title
university-permanent training dependent on the Graduate Department of the CLEA University of Mexico, in expedition
jointly with the DQ University Agency and UAIII.

[-] The following 1 user Likes MichaelGates's post:
  • Messdiener
Nice, I like seeing ECTS showing up on these along with the partnership institution... CLEA and this partnership may be a good option, they're similarly priced as ENEB as well, but in different subject matter.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLEA Masstercursos master course paddyqr 55 9,992 10-01-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Clubes72
  CLEA Mastercursos offers, all for 19 Euros elcastor21 1 692 09-19-2023, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Messdiener