Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burned Out
I completely relate. I took off a few weeks (though that wasn't the plan) and such a great time doing NORMAL things with my life. Now I have no motivation to study. If I was a quitter, I would say forget it. I'll finish later... or never. Smile But that's not an option for me. Somehow, I need to keep going. Not sure how yet though...

Good luck though as you try to get back into things. And thanks to everyone who has great suggestions.
~Brittany

From 0 to 120 credits in ten months and seven days because of CollegePlus! and InstantCert!!!

AHHHH!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!! Graduation, here I come!

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save." ~Zephaniah 3:17
You are not alone. I went through a major burnout toward the end of last year, right when I was almost finished. Take a short break if you need it but then keep on pushing forward. Goals are great but dont let them force you into taking a test you aren't ready for. My GPA suffered greatly.

Good luck,

Doug
I usually take a day off and do something fun to re-charge, get to bed early and start fresh the next day.
As an older learner I am not doing this for the job really or anyone else I am doing for me. When I first started I just wanted to say i at least had an AA then I could say I was a college Graduate. As I went on I decided that was not enough i wanted the BA.

I did graduate in October ( AA degree completed in June) and attended the graduation ceremony at TESC. I can not tell you how great it felt to be in that cap and gown. To have my children be proud of me was great, but the pride I felt in myself was the best. So take the time you need and cool off then shake off that burn out and get back in there, because when you reach that goal you won't remember the burn out days just the fact that you made the finish line.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crashed and burned on Math General.... highlanderburial 7 1,835 05-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Last Post: highlanderburial
  You ever get the feeling you crashed and burned.... highlanderburial 5 1,424 04-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Last Post: AGS