Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Plan Updated - NEED HELP
Hello Forum,

I am about 1.5 yrs into my degree plan pretty much going from 0 to 75 credits. In all honesty, I have been so busy with work, 3 young kids, and life that I haven't gotten much completed in the last year. With the degree requirements changing with TESU, I decided it's time to pick up where I left off. Most of my GE requirements complete and I have been able to plug away at some of the major requirements but it seems there are a lot more options than I knew about before. Up until this point, I have used primarily CLEP, DANTES, and TECEP Exams. I wasn't a huge fan of the TECEP exams as they based more on understanding the specific textbook rather than the topic itself. I understand Saylor and while that seems cost effective the lessons are agony. Not too familiar with SL, Study.com, or PF.

I am attaching my degree plan (highlighted with no credit listed is what I have left) and would welcome any suggestions. I updated using exam feedback as well as Sanantone's plan on the Wiki. Any suggestions on easier paths I am missing or courses where I can obtain quick credits would be very much appreciated. Also, any help on determining is there is a place for my Principles of Supervision would be fantastic!

Thanks everyone for all of the great feedback and content you provide on this site. I have been staring at the screen for hours reading through a ton of great feedback.

.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">TESC BSBA 2016.xlsx (Size: 13.16 KB / Downloads: 0)
Mark

CLEP - American Government, US History I, US History II, Intro to Psychology, Principles of Marketing, Principles of Management , Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, Intro to Sociology, College Composition, Social Sciences and History

DSST - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Computing, Personal Finance, Intro to Business, Business Ethics

ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Precalculus

KAPLAN - PLA

TECEP - Sales Management, Advertising, Fin Inst & Markets

75ish Down...
Hello,

From looking at your spreadsheet, you pretty much have everything covered.
I have only a few minor changes/recommendations by using Saylor/Study.com, Straighterline courses.
Saylor/Study.com are credit by exams; Straighterline courses are quizzes, midterm & final.

Here are the general education requirements: http://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/20...After2.cfm
1) Public Speaking - Use Straighterline Intro to Comm
2) MIS is a science - But you might want to take an easy SL Science such as Intro Nutrition or Environmental Science
3) ALEKS Statistics - The Intro to Statistics should be the easiest of the three

Here are the TESU BSBA Requirements: http://www.tesu.edu/business/bsba/Genera...gement.cfm
4) For the Professional Business Requirements - follow this spreadsheet made by dfrecore
http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...egree.html

5) For the Area of Study (General Management) - also follow the spreadsheet above
You already have 3 TECEPS that are upper level, you just need the UL Accounting course and UL Organizational Behavior
Both of these can be taken at Straighterline, remove the extra Human Resource Management and move your Supervision up to take its place.

Here's a list of possible exams for credit (master list from COSC) https://www.charteroak.edu/exams/exams-master-list.pdf
Voila! That should do it... Happy Weekend - well the remainder of it at least
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:1) Public Speaking - Use Straighterline Intro to Comm
2) MIS is a science - But you might want to take an easy SL Science such as Intro Nutrition or Environmental Science - I agree, unless you're very computer literate
3) ALEKS Statistics - The Intro to Statistics should be the easiest of the three

Here are the TESU BSBA Requirements: BSBA in General Management Degree Program
4) For the Professional Business Requirements - follow this spreadsheet made by dfrecore
http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...egree.html

5) For the Area of Study (General Management) - also follow the spreadsheet above
You already have 3 TECEPS that are upper level, you just need the UL Accounting course and UL Organizational Behavior You don't NEED an accounting course since MAN, MAR & FIN are covered and you only need 3 out of the 4 areas, which is already done
Both of these can be taken at Straighterline, remove the extra Human Resource Management and move your Supervision up to take its place. Supervision will not count in the Area of Study, it specifically says so on the BSBA page

Here's a list of possible exams for credit (master list from COSC) https://www.charteroak.edu/exams/exams-master-list.pdf
Voila! That should do it... Happy Weekend - well the remainder of it at least

I agree that if you'd like to switch from exams to SL or study.com, that it would probably be a good thing to do. The way study.com works is that while you do have to take the course and quizzes, only the final proctored exam counts for your grade. SL has quizzes and midterms and a proctored final (generally), and all count towards your grade; some people even do well enough that they don't have to do well on their final exam at all to still pass the course.

The other thing about study.com is that you pay $199/mo (and there may be a coupon available to take that price down), and while you're doing it for a month, it includes TWO exams. So really, you want to do 2 courses there in a month since you're paying for it anyway. I would suggest Micro and macro economics in a month, and then HRM & Org Behavior in a month. You also might consider (if you have time) studying for Micro & Macro in the same month that you're paying for HRM/OB, and then taking the Saylor proctored exams for those. They are $25 each, and you don't have to take the Saylor courses to take the exams if you don't want to. Business Law is also available on study.com, and you can study and then take the Saylor exam instead. Saylor also has Corp Comm if you want to just give the exam a shot without studying for it.

Also, since you have to take Financial Accounting & Managerial Accounting, you might want to take them via SL (as Accounting I & II), and then go ahead and take either the Managerial Accounting or Financial Accounting course there, which come in as ACC-303 and ACC-201. Then, you can skip the Marketing Comm TECEP if you'd like.

One more note about SL - you should always take as many courses as you can in a month there. You are paying $99/mo plus fees per course (plus books) so the more courses you can take in a month, the better your cost per credit will be. Try to take at least 2 if not 3-4.

TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Doh! Note:2 Does say that. He should place Personal Finance and Intro Supervison in the free electives field.
The intro to business is a lower level course, can that be dumped into the AOS? Email advising to find out.
+1 on recommendations by dfrecore, skip the Marketing Comm TECEP and take the UL Accounting
You'll then have all 4 Area of studies covered and have sufficient upper level courses under your belt
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:The intro to business is a lower level course, can that be dumped into the AOS? Email advising to find out.

I've heard/read that it can't be applied to the AOS, but it's always good to double-check.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 409 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,480 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 360 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,728 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,296 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,379 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,589 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 754 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 1,914 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Teen walks at graduation after completing doctoral degree at 17 lisarox 9 886 05-17-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy