Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring Sean Home
For anybody who wishes to get involved: On Dateline NBC tonight was the story of a biological dad who had his very young son taken by his mom to Brazil. The father was an upstanding man. He has never given up trying to get his son home. To make a long story short, the mom got remarried there to another man, they had a child and she died from complications. The father, David has been in the fight of his life trying to get his biological son, Sean back home. To anyone who has children, I'm sure you would be outraged if you saw David's struggle w/the Brazilian gov't over this whole affair. The story is on Dateline NBC website if you are interested. I have written to both the U.S. Ambassador's office and the Brazilian Ambassador, ambassador@brasilemb.org Do I think they will listen to me? NO. But it moved me enough to do something about it. If this issue concerns anyone, please feel free to voice your concerns to the same authorities or do what you want in your own way. Thank you.
Here is an update for anyone who may be interested. This is the latest e-mail I rec'd back concerning Sean's return, by the way, I have already contacted the Brazilian ambassador. Why am I doing this? If you have children, and you saw the whole story, you probably would understand. We saw the murder of an american girl in Aruba, the gov't there did practically nothing. Now a son is kept from his biological dad, and Brazil is an accomplice. Now the reply:

Thank you for your correspondence regarding David Goldman’s efforts to have his son, Sean, returned from Brazil. We are aware of the recent developments in this sad case. The Department of State’s Office of Children’s Issues and our Embassy in Brasilia continue to do everything we can diplomatically and through the international child protection community to help Mr. Goldman reunite with his son. We are working closely with the Brazilian Central Authority to pursue Sean’s return under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction. Consular staff in Brasilia and Rio de Janeiro are monitoring Mr. Goldman’s case in the Brazilian federal and state courts as well, and we understand that Mr. Goldman’s attorney in Brazil is working to do everything possible through the legal system there.

Our heartfelt compassion goes out to Mr. Goldman. International child abduction is a tragedy that no parent should have to endure. The Department of State places the highest priority on the welfare of children who have been victimized by international parental child abduction. The Office of Children’s Issues works diligently every day on behalf of children who have been wrongfully taken to or retained in foreign countries around the world.

We remain committed to assisting Mr. Goldman until his case is resolved in Brazil. We appreciate your concern and support and will make sure your message is conveyed to Mr. Goldman and to our colleagues and counterparts in Brazil.

If you wish to make your concerns known to the Government of Brazil, please contact the Embassy of Brazil at:

3006 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC
20008-3634

Phone: (202) 238-2805
Fax: (202) 238-2827 E-mail: ambassador@brasilemb.org

The Office of Children’s Issues
Office of Overseas Citizens Services
Bureau of Consular Affairs
U.S. Department of State

****All it takes is a quick e-mail, please keep the full court pressure on!
I just signed an online petition about this: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/return-...er?page=30 I hope he gets his son back.

I've added the email address and I will send one later when my own son goes to sleep so I have more time to type.
[SIZE="6"]~~ Alissa~~[/SIZE]
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="2"]DONE:
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior College May 2009
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Current website favorite:
http://www.careeronestop.org/
alissaroot Wrote:I just signed an online petition about this: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/return-...er?page=30 I hope he gets his son back.

I've added the email address and I will send one later when my own son goes to sleep so I have more time to type.
Thank you Alissa. I just signed the petition also. When you actually see this on Dateline, you can't help but get angered and want to take action. This was an abduction plain and simple, we can't let this type of action go unnoticed. Once again, thanks to you for your input and to Steve Gloer for having this website. I know they are watching out for product advertisements, etc. This is much more than that!
For anyone who is interested, Sean Goldman was reunited w/his biological father after a 4 yr battle to have him returned. Thank you to all who got involved. Happy ending, as it should be.
Gary Wrote:For anyone who is interested, Sean Goldman was reunited w/his biological father after a 4 yr battle to have him returned. Thank you to all who got involved. Happy ending, as it should be.

Good looking out Gary, thanks for keeping us updated.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video of Airbnb Guest Refusing to Leave Woman's Home. The Drama Gets Real! LevelUP 4 2,284 06-23-2022, 01:18 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Windows 11 Home Upgrade - Pretty Good bjcheung77 3 1,023 03-06-2022, 06:05 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Dream Job Alert! Work From Home & Unlimied Vacation?! bjcheung77 4 1,377 08-01-2021, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Vonne
  @Home - Free Learning Resources bjcheung77 2 1,299 02-23-2021, 08:32 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  FREE (for now) Ashampoo Home Designer 5 bjcheung77 2 1,260 07-06-2020, 01:33 PM
Last Post: JWells247
  December 1 - New company, new job, still at home! bjcheung77 1 1,168 11-15-2019, 06:31 PM
  Dual Credit at Home: How to Pray for Your Children Printable eriehiker 21 4,306 01-17-2019, 09:05 PM
Last Post: AaressLawless
  Full-Time Work from home jobs? acamp 16 3,812 12-19-2018, 01:26 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
Big Grin Job promotion, working from home! jsd 11 3,033 06-11-2018, 08:02 PM
  Question for Home Schooling Kids bjcheung77 22 3,629 10-14-2016, 02:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore