Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brightspace Coming
Apparently there's word going around that BrightSpace is going to be used in fall, with Strut being retired. Has anyone heard more?
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
That sounds like a lot of IT work. Hopefully it's a smooth transition to move everything from Strut to BrightSpace if this is true. Since the summer semester ends on a Friday and the fall semester begins on Monday I'd love to know how they're going to do this successfully.
I start UMPI 8/29, Fall1…. I hope it’s a smooth transition as I don’t want to be a test dummy and get slowed down because of tech issues.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jennr2z's post:
  • ashkir, rachel83az
UMPI has been using Brightspace since at least 2020: https://wp.umpi.edu/instructional-design/brightspace/

It's also the only LMS officially supported by the University of Maine System: https://tdx.maine.edu/TDClient/2624/Port...ryID=18270
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
BrightSpace has been used on campus since 2020. I was enrolled when it launched and there were some hiccups. It has never been used in YourPace. YourPace has always been on the Strut Learning Platform since the program was launched. Many of the courses are owned by Strut so unless Strut is moving to BrightSpace I'm not sure how most of the courses are going to move to another learning platform.
Hmm... Maybe they want to merge everything into one system to streamline all the campuses...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • carrythenothing
(06-30-2022, 11:10 AM)ashkir Wrote: Apparently there's word going around that BrightSpace is going to be used in fall, with Strut being retired. Has anyone heard more?

Yes, one of my professors during spring 2 mentioned that this was the case and they were working to transfer the material over. They didn't mention the fall timeline, just that it was happening and courses were already being transferred.
I wonder if Britespace is more user-friendly. Does anyone know if the platform is harder to use in comparison to Strut Learning?
(06-30-2022, 09:37 PM)bcdaron Wrote: I wonder if Britespace is more user-friendly. Does anyone know if the platform is harder to use in comparison to Strut Learning?

The grad school I'm starting in August uses it. I've only navigated it to do orientation and a very brief anti-phishing tutorial, but it's substantially similar to the Strut platform, though it seems to have more features and be a bit more intuitive (at least to me). That said, I'm not super familiar with it yet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wildebeest's post:
  • bcdaron
Update: Everything is still on 'YourPace'. Classes loaded today and even though you can navigate in Brightspace, the course material, quizzes, and final assessment run on YourPace.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warning about Brightspace Modules yc1981 4 845 04-26-2024, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Marlin9276
  Fastest UMPI classes since the change to brightspace? CanICode 8 1,884 11-19-2023, 10:47 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  POS 101 American Government on Brightspace Infinite-Telephone52 5 1,158 11-03-2023, 06:33 PM
Last Post: DolceDolce
  Good UL credits on Brightspace? (not history/poli sci) umpidawg10 7 1,328 10-30-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: umpidawg10
  I Finished My Degree At UMPI W/Brightspace Platform - AMA MichaelDoesMarketing 16 2,932 10-20-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Changes / BrightSpace MrPhilipp 31 5,921 10-09-2023, 06:05 PM
Last Post: MichaelDoesMarketing
  BUS 325 - Financial Management on Brightspace MikeyJeff 7 1,631 09-25-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Learningnow
  Fall Class list (Brightspace) Duneranger 9 1,153 08-26-2023, 03:05 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Brightspace Orientation? Chankosumo 4 734 08-09-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Finally... Brightspace Confirmed for Fall 1 origamishuttle 17 2,298 07-31-2023, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Billiejo113