Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Breaking Ranks"
A new book critical of USNews and the college ranking industry
https://www.insidehighered.com/admission...ks-us-news
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alpha's post:
  • SteveFoerster
“Unlike apples and oranges, or refrigerators and cars, college is not simply a short-term consumption activity. It is a long-term investment in human capacity—the ability to do financially, socially, emotionally, and even spiritually rewarding work; to teach oneself and others how to learn, adjust and adapt; to analyze, reason, evaluate and create; to appreciate beauty, ingenuity, order, complexity and subtlety.”

Also, I like to add if we are being real, then students are going to consider the beer pong lifestyle of each school they are considering. That's something not usually in the rankings.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
https://www.newsweek.com/top-party-schoo...ca-1619664
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • Vle045
(05-04-2022, 04:03 PM)jsd Wrote: https://www.newsweek.com/top-party-schoo...ca-1619664

The only ranking that matters right there!  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReyMysterioso's post:
  • jsd
Columbia University withdraws from USNews rankings
Columbia U. Won’t Submit Data to ‘U.S. News’ Rankings After Professor Alleged False Information (chronicle.com)
(07-04-2022, 07:04 PM)Alpha Wrote: Columbia University withdraws from USNews rankings
Columbia U. Won’t Submit Data to ‘U.S. News’ Rankings After Professor Alleged False Information (chronicle.com)

I can't read this whole article but it seems that all parties have shifted into full spin-control mode
After a Professor’s Scrutiny, ‘U.S. News’ Pulls Columbia University’s No. 2 Ranking (chronicle.com)
Cool, now I can say that TESU ranks higher than Columbia University.

1st University of California, Berkeley, now this. The news keeps getting better!
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I guess there's another side to this story
Columbia University Admits Submitting Inaccurate Data For Last Year’s U.S. News Rankings (forbes.com)
Wasn't another school on the hook for doing something similar last year? I think it was Penn, I don't remember... I would look at these rankings but would also compare and see other rankings as well. Hopefully schools don't continue to submit "inaccurate" data just to get a higher ranking...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Perhaps a word of advice is indicated:  Don't tangle with the Ivy League
https://www.washingtonpost.com/education...ings-2023/