Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bio CLEP - Help!
Hi,

I've been stuyding for the Biology CLEP and I am due to take it on Thursday. Has anyone taken it, or knows enough about it that they can share what I should focus on to get the highest score?

Thanks
Flashcards: The world's largest library of printable flash cards is another great place to study. Just type in Clep / Biology. There are many questions that are not on instacert and its a quicker process to use than instacert also.
[SIZE="3"]What study sources are you using?[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I've been relying heavily on the Cliffs Study Solver, and supplementing it with a general bio book and a tutor. I've also been using the InstantCert academy resources.

In the interest of time, I have been chugging through the Cliffs book to be able to identify and recognize key terms (which I hope will help me make educated choices in the multiple choices). I plan on using this week to really focus on the topics that will seem to most likely be covered by the CLEP exam, if I can figure out what that is!
I can relate to your apprehensiveness concerning the Biology CLEP. I felt overwhelmed by the information and my inability to get it "down pat" in the time that I was allowing for myself. In the end, I apparently got enough infomation and concepts in my head to pass with a good margin.

Have you taken any other CLEPs yet? Have you done any practice tests yet?

Regardless, it sounds like you are doing some very good things to get the information internalized.
LuBee
I finshed all of my credits for a BA in Art from TESC
CLEP Credits:
[SIZE="1"]6 Biology (67)
3 US Hist 1 (67)
6 SS & Hist (68)
3 US Hist 2 (66)
3 Amer Gov (67)
6 Amer Lit (73)
6 Hum (73)
3 Ed Psy (71)
3 H G & D (70)
3 Intro Psy (74)
3 Intro to Soc (75)
6 College Math (68)
6 A & I Lit (72)
[/SIZE]DSST:
[SIZE="1"]3 Intro Computing (65)
3 Here's to Your Health (64)[/SIZE]
Other Credits:
[SIZE="1"]3 PLA Painting 1
3 TECEP Psy of Women (78/100)
3 TECEP Art Hist 2 (81/100)
3 Dept Exam English 1
45 Traditional[/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Want to pass?

Aside from IC, use the REA book and the SD video too and YOU WILL PASS!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Don't forget to check out the Petersons practice tests. They are more difficult then the actual CLEP. In other threads on the forum, they have said that if you pass that with at least 50% you will pass the CLEP. It's true. I always passed the biology and natural science Peterson's tests with 30-40% score and failed the CLEPs each time. The Peterson's will definitely test you to see what you might need to spend more time on.

Make sure you capture how to pair DNA/RNA codes.

Inheritence w/punett square/dihybrid crosses.

They had at least one problem where you had to recognized how to balance a chemical equation.

Meiosis/Mitosis

Kingdom - phylum - class - order - family - genus - speices (King Phyl Came Over For Good Spaghetti)

Biology was a tough test since i did not have any type of science background; however, with IC, REA and Peterson's, you have a great change of passing.

Good Luck!
Journey
I will look into REA and Peterson's. I've also been looking through the flashcards.

I'm scheduled to take the test on Thursday, so I will focus on hard memorizing all the areas you have all suggested. I have to pass with a 55 in order to recieve full credit from my university and take care of my science core.

The last CLEP test I took was 3 years ago. I took the Social Sciences & History and the Spanish one.

If you think of anything else, please let me know.

Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,834 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 677 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,199 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 1,049 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,824 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,453 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,390 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,643 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,828 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  English Comp 2 exam option? CLEP's closed yokopilar 4 2,343 05-06-2020, 09:17 AM
Last Post: yokopilar