Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
criminal justice / juvi??
Do any of you have a link for videos that can be used with criminal justice or juvenile delinquency? (Sanantone?) My 10th grader is studying both this school year, and I'm using my old textbooks but haven't found a series of multimedia support to go with it. Thanks Smile
There were some lectures through iTunes University as I recall.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

I'm only familiar with MyCJ Lab from Pearson, but that requires a book purchase. YouTube isn't really abundant with lectures specifically from criminal justice courses. I would show my students clips from MSNBC's Lockup sometimes, but that is TV-MA stuff. PBS has some interesting documentaries, but those might be PG-13 to TV-MA.
Criminal Justice | FRONTLINE | PBS

Learner.org has some videos that are relevant under their "The Constitution: The Delicate Balance" and "Democracy in America" series. I would watch Criminal Justice and a Defendant's Right to a Fair Trial, Crime and Insanity, Crime and Punishments, Civil Liberties: Safeguarding the Individual, and The Courts: Our Rule of Law.
Resource: The Constitution: That Delicate Balance
Resource: Democracy in America
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
thanks guys. I did look at annenberg and youtube, so that helps get things narrowed down. I have used companion sites through McGraw, etc. but my books are old as the hills (2001, I think) so they wouldn't match anyway.
okay, well if anyone finds something good feel free to post it. We are doing Juvenile Delinquency first (Sept-Oct) and Criminal Justice second (Nov-Dec).
I wanted to update this thread for anyone studying Juvi/CJ. We are using my old Juvi text called Juvenile Delinquency The Core. It's an earlier edition of the title suggested for the UExcel exam. I should add that you can get that book used online for under $10. There is a textbook companion site I found for the book in the current edition which is great- has flashcards, quizzes, and a final exam.
Book Companion Site
Hi All,
I have looked through the feedback forum for help studying for the criminal justice exam. Thanks so much to all who have contributed! However, I like to have a book in my hand as well. The recommended text is 600+ pages; I'm thinking something a little smaller would be easier to manage. Plus, with all the help I've already gotten from IC, I don't think that is necessary.

Here's my question (finally!): Has anyone used the "Pass the Class" or "Wise Owl ..." books for this exam? If so, were they at all helpful? TIA
wombat777 Wrote:Hi All,
I have looked through the feedback forum for help studying for the criminal justice exam. Thanks so much to all who have contributed! However, I like to have a book in my hand as well. The recommended text is 600+ pages; I'm thinking something a little smaller would be easier to manage. Plus, with all the help I've already gotten from IC, I don't think that is necessary.

Here's my question (finally!): Has anyone used the "Pass the Class" or "Wise Owl ..." books for this exam? If so, were they at all helpful? TIA

We ended up just doing the class, not the exam.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 1,300 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Criminal justice advice Redheaddude 9 1,756 04-13-2020, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Old Guy
  Criminal Justice BA Degree - best place to get it kevinmane 9 2,364 01-27-2020, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Sacricolist
  BALS Criminal Justice concentration questions. Acaidian 6 1,715 10-07-2019, 07:03 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake
  Criminal Justice DSST refreshed and downgraded to 3 credits effective 6/8/17 SDO 0 1,146 05-25-2017, 02:02 PM
Last Post: SDO
  Criminal Justice Courses - AOJ options tsukemono 10 2,612 05-17-2017, 12:26 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Criminal Justice & Intro to Law Enforcement tmang46 6 1,418 03-06-2017, 01:31 AM
Last Post: Ddddneki11
  Criminal Justice DSST bubbles97 3 978 06-09-2016, 07:55 PM
Last Post: GoodYellowDogs
  Criminal Justice DSST azt579 1 764 05-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Last Post: GoodYellowDogs
  Help! Dantes Criminal Justice extra study tips/help for newbie proudmamaof4 0 701 04-08-2016, 12:14 AM
Last Post: proudmamaof4