Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bellevue?
This is a very simple question, but is Bellevue College regionally accredited?
Thanks for your time.
[SIZE="1"]CLEPS:
English Comp. w/Essay - 66
Analyzing & Interpreting Lit. - 72
U.S. History I - 58
U.S. History II - 58
Intro. to Psychology - 63
Humanities - 68
Natural Sciences - 54
Western Civ. I - 68
Western Civ. II - 60
Sociology - 63
Social Sciences & History - 57
Information Systems - 64
[/SIZE]
If this is Bellvue College in Washington State (Previously Bellvue Community College)

Quote:Bellevue College is accredited as an associate degree-granting institution by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. This accreditation was most recently reaffirmed in 2005. The college is currently a candidate for accreditation by the Commission as a baccalaureate degree-granting institution
Emphasis mine... They're good for associates but I'd wait until they're actually accredited before completing a bachelors.

In theory, they should accept any 100-200 level courses with no problem. You'll want to contact Charter Oak's admissions office to verify before taking any 300-400 courses, because those fall under the 'currently not accredited' umbrella.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
It's this Bellevue College: Bellevue College, Washington [Previously Bellevue Community College], and I was just looking at taking some liberal arts courses from their online division. Specifically, would Charter Oak accept credits from this school?
[SIZE="1"]CLEPS:
English Comp. w/Essay - 66
Analyzing & Interpreting Lit. - 72
U.S. History I - 58
U.S. History II - 58
Intro. to Psychology - 63
Humanities - 68
Natural Sciences - 54
Western Civ. I - 68
Western Civ. II - 60
Sociology - 63
Social Sciences & History - 57
Information Systems - 64
[/SIZE]
earlybird Wrote:It's this Bellevue College: Bellevue College, Washington [Previously Bellevue Community College], and I was just looking at taking some liberal arts courses from their online division. Specifically, would Charter Oak accept credits from this school?

Its under their accredidation page and is spelled out quite clearly:

Quote:Accreditation
Bellevue College is accredited as an associate degree-granting institution by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. This accreditation was most recently reaffirmed in 2005. The college is currently a candidate for accreditation by the Commission as a baccalaureate degree-granting institution.

The accrediting body is located at:
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
8060 165th Avenue NE, Suite 100
Redmond, Washington 98052-3981

Why Accreditation is Important
Regional accreditation is a process of recognizing educational institutions for performance, integrity, and quality that entitles them to the confidence of the educational community and the public. Accreditation qualifies institutions and enrolled students for access to federal funds to support teaching, research, and student financial aid.

The process of accreditation helps the college dedicate time to reflect on its programs and processes, what it does well, where it needs to improve, and how well it serves its mission and goals and therefore its students. This self-analysis helps the institution become a more effective organization.

Here's the link for anyone needing further information:

Accreditation - Bellevue College
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]