Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Backyard Vineyard Vineyard - Shout Out to Rachel83az
Rainbow 
So... It was about this time two years ago, I was bickering with everyone on the other channel. A comment by Rachel83az led me to digress in the conversation about my daydream of planting a vineyard in my backyard. 

I so love realizing a daydream! I have reached year ONE of my Experimental Vineyard 2.0

I planted three varieties of grapevines last year. I planted Viognier, Chambourcin, and Petit verdot. When my rootstock arrived last April the vines were pretty much just twigs with roots. However, they all came to life and grew well over the summer. That was year Zero.  Just this weekend all of my vines experienced a very nice bud break. My dream of becoming  a vigneron is indeed an exercise in patience. Next spring I'm  planning on building my trellis system

I'm waiting just another couple of weeks to replant my tomato seedlings outside. Last year the Paul Robeson variety were the stars of my Experimental Salsa Farm. This year Im planting Black Crim, Better Boy, and some Beef Steak. Later in the season I will be planting some Paprika peppers, hot peppers, and some herbs. Big Grin Heart
Chief Petty Officer
United States Navy (Retired)
[-] The following 4 users Like Charles Fout's post:
  • jg_nuy, Jonathan Whatley, ss20ts, TINASAM
Interesting, over the weekend my family did a similar thing... We cleared the backyard and got rid of the plants that didn't grow much, instead we've planted fruits and veggies. I think we're doing the sunflowers again as well like every other year. I think this coming weekend we'll work on the front yard as well as we have a small section for planting fruits and veggies too. What I really want to do is create a tiny home office, something like a 200+ sqft plus loft, and make it my 'work from home' office.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
(04-03-2024, 11:43 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Interesting, over the weekend my family did a similar thing... We cleared the backyard and got rid of the plants that didn't grow much, instead we've planted fruits and veggies.  I think we're doing the sunflowers again as well like every other year.  I think this coming weekend we'll work on the front yard as well as we have a small section for planting fruits and veggies too.  What I really want to do is create a tiny home office, something like a 200+ sqft plus loft, and make it my 'work from home' office.

Oh! I love the big Sun Flowers! Last year I planted four Gigantic American and four Mammoth Russian Sun Flowers. They grew fast. Then came the June Bug invasion. Only one of my big Sun Flowers survived to maturity.  Its head was about 14 inches in diameter.  I don't know if was the American or the Russian. This spring I am going to douse everything with Neem Oil before the June Bugs arrive.

I love this time of year.
Chief Petty Officer
All this stuff sounds too sophisticated for a simple Redneck like me to understand.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(04-04-2024, 09:05 PM)LevelUP Wrote: All this stuff sounds too sophisticated for a simple Redneck like me to understand.

Simplicity is the joy of it. 

For - If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.

Marcus Tullius Cicero Smile Heart
Chief Petty Officer
This is so interesting to read.
[-] The following 2 users Like coldcoffee's post:
  • Charles Fout, jg_nuy