Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BUS 440 Business Analytics
(09-13-2021, 01:36 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: Well that's good to know so I won't waste my time with the accounting one. I waited this long to go back to school to get my degree so I've been working very hard on keeping my 4.0 as well. So for me, just merely passing the course is not acceptable.  

Do you recall if there were a lot of equations to figure out?

In the course content there were a lot of math problems. I spent the time and worked through all of them. I didn't know what the exam would be like and figured I needed to be able to solve them on the exam. There were math problems on the exam. Nothing ridiculous. Everything was covered in the course content from what I remember. I think I spent like 3-4 weeks on this class because of the math. Math isn't my strong suit so I wanted to make sure I really understood the math.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • carebear_007
(09-13-2021, 02:15 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 01:36 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: Well that's good to know so I won't waste my time with the accounting one. I waited this long to go back to school to get my degree so I've been working very hard on keeping my 4.0 as well. So for me, just merely passing the course is not acceptable.  

In the course content there were a lot of math problems. I spent the time and worked through all of them. I didn't know what the exam would be like and figured I needed to be able to solve them on the exam. There were math problems on the exam. Nothing ridiculous. Everything was covered in the course content from what I remember. I think I spent like 3-4 weeks on this class because of the math. Math isn't my strong suit so I wanted to make sure I really understood the math.

That's definitely helpful for me to know thank you. 

I'm not the greatest at math either. Looking back at my Sophia courses, I just noticed that I didn't transfer any math.  I'll brace myself for the impact. LOL. I'm hoping it's easier for me to grasp than managerial accounting. That course had me second guessing my degree. LOL
[-] The following 2 users Like carebear_007's post:
  • Pikachu, ss20ts
(09-13-2021, 01:36 PM)carebear_007 Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 01:29 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 01:19 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: What made BUS 325 time-consuming and harder than you thought? My InstantCert membership is still active, do you think going through some of the flash cards for Financial Accounting will help?

You don't have to pay for subscriptions to read articles. Just don't read them. I also let the professors and advisors know that there are paywall articles. 

BUS325 has a lot of course content. Financial Accounting won't help you with it. It's all about Financial Management which is different than accounting. It had a final exam when I took it. I spent 2 hours and 45 minutes on the exam. I also was working really hard to keep my 4.0. I'm a total nerd about my grades.

Well that's good to know so I won't waste my time with the accounting one. I waited this long to go back to school to get my degree so I've been working very hard on keeping my 4.0 as well. So for me, just merely passing the course is not acceptable.  

There was a good chunk of math, but there are online calculators you can use (for some calculations, they encourage you to do so) and I found that part was fine. I struggled more with the milestones. I'm not much of a finance person, and I had to do research to be able to answer the questions. It was more time-consuming than difficult.

(09-13-2021, 12:41 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 12:10 PM)nmnyc11 Wrote: Has anyone heard from him yet? I haven't gotten an answer to my email.

Has anyone taken BUS 330 Marketing Management? I'm leaning towards that one for my last UL elective. I have a lot of experience with marketing, but I'm afraid it will be like Financial Mgmt (I did well in that class, but it was very time-consuming and harder that I had anticipated). I did see someone else say they thought it was straightforward in another thread, but I was curious to see if anyone here has taken it more recently. Thanks!

I would email Cody and let him know that the prof hasn't graded anything nor is he responding to emails. Cody will get it taken care of. 

I haven't taken BUS330 yet. I think it's on my schedule for the next term. It is an exam. It won't have all of the math like BUS325.

Thank you! I'll email Cody. I already moved onto another class, so it's not the end of the world. I'm just nervous because I want to have ample time to redo it if I need to. I don't have much experience with Operations Management, so I'm assuming it will take longer than my other classes (and like you wrote above, I'm a total nerd. I got a 4.0 for my summer classes and plan to keep that GPA! It took decades to go back to school, so I get what you mean). I do think I'm going to go with BUS330 based on what I've read here. Good luck and thanks again!  Smile

(09-13-2021, 01:05 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 12:10 PM)nmnyc11 Wrote: Has anyone heard from him yet? I haven't gotten an answer to my email.

Has anyone taken BUS 330 Marketing Management? I'm leaning towards that one for my last UL elective. I have a lot of experience with marketing, but I'm afraid it will be like Financial Mgmt (I did well in that class, but it was very time-consuming and harder that I had anticipated). I did see someone else say they thought it was straightforward in another thread, but I was curious to see if anyone here has taken it more recently. Thanks!

I got an email from him on Friday. He said he is working on it.
Also - I am taking BUS 330 now. IMO it is straightforward.

Thank you! I'm going to email Cody and take BUS 330. I moved on to another class, but I've been spoiled with super-fast turnarounds from most of my instructors. I'm just hoping that I won't have to edit my draft too much.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nmnyc11's post:
  • carebear_007
(09-13-2021, 02:50 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: That's definitely helpful for me to know thank you. 

I'm not the greatest at math either. Looking back at my Sophia courses, I just noticed that I didn't transfer any math.  I'll brace myself for the impact. LOL. I'm hoping it's easier for me to grasp than managerial accounting. That course had me second guessing my degree. LOL

You haven't transferred in any math courses? You can complete College Algebra and Introduction to Statistics on Sophia and transfer them in. You need math courses for the GEC.
(09-14-2021, 10:39 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 02:50 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: That's definitely helpful for me to know thank you. 

You haven't transferred in any math courses? You can complete College Algebra and Introduction to Statistics on Sophia and transfer them in. You need math courses for the GEC.

I need to take MAT 140 at UMPI for my GEC and it covers 3a, 3b, and the business math that the major requires. I feel like I lucked out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adding a Minor to Business Administration Major Mrbarbz 8 551 07-15-2024, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Mrbarbz
  MAT 140 Mathematics for Business HappyPeanut 8 718 07-07-2024, 12:53 AM
Last Post: ishady
  PCJ 215 Business Communication Mom5 35 4,893 06-28-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: CharisandJon
  BABA Not Business Accredited klone 8 1,468 06-19-2024, 06:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BLS Minor Business theea 5 763 03-20-2024, 02:41 PM
  Bachelor/Business Management QueenBeeBand 4 561 02-15-2024, 02:08 AM
  Coursera Google Data Analytics is a "non credit certificate" but accepted at UMPI? FM1 5 1,176 12-12-2023, 11:59 PM
  BUS 200 Intermediate Business Computing Question Infinite-Telephone52 2 1,451 12-10-2023, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Jarnaginra
  BUS 440 Business Analytics Infinite-Telephone52 6 1,332 09-25-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Business Ethics Sophia Transfer? CCCollege 7 1,273 09-19-2023, 02:23 AM