Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLS ( information technology minor) General education?
UMPI requires a minimum of 30 credits to the people that already has all the the credits or up to 90 applicable credits to their degrees..... not your case
So in your case we should only do a rest.
Lets pick up the calculator:
120 that you need minus 60 you have is equal to 60 remaining credits.
You still need to do 60 credits at UMPI! (if they accepted all your credits, which I do not think is the case).

Credits can be divided in lower level ( courses 100 to 299)or upper level 300+ level courses.
It requires a minimum of courses that are 300+
This courses can be in your area of interest or more "general" (meaning General education and electives). Just check the pdf you attached and look to courses that are 300+ and where they are placed. This are upper level. Courses that are 100 to 299 are lower level. Just follow the guide to get an idea (the number in front of the course is the target number to check in this case).
In short, yes you have to do more than "Just" 30 credits, because to get a bachelor degree you need to have 120. Now you only have 60 (which does not mean that they are all accepted), that you can transfer in. Letting to complete 60+ more credits.

In fact it says that you need to complete 26 courses more to finish at the end of the pdf you send in. I think that would be 78 credits remaining. Probably this is due to the fact that you do not fulfill all the general education slots with the credits you have.
(that's What I understood for the pdf, sorry if it is wrong).

I think you need to go to Sophia or another option and do some general educations courses...
my opinion that does not mean I'm right or is a good opinion.
Just follow ss20ts's UMPI BLS Plan, get 30 more credits and then start at UMPI again.
InstantCert – American Government
Sophia – Art History 1
Sophia – College Algebra
Sophia – Introduction to Statistics
Sophia – Human Biology
Sophia – Environmental Science
Sophia - Introduction to Ethics
Sophia – Approaches to Studying Religions or Introduction to Sociology
Sophia – US History 1
Sophia – Ancient Greek Philosophers
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks Kab .

Dear bjcheung77,
What’s InstantCert?
I appreciate your help.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sara143's post:
  • Kab
(03-22-2022, 10:40 PM)Sara143 Wrote: Thanks Kab .

Dear bjcheung77,
What’s InstantCert?
I appreciate your help.

https://www.instantcert.com/articles/art...IT-Courses
(03-22-2022, 11:04 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 10:40 PM)Sara143 Wrote: Thanks Kab .

Dear bjcheung77,
What’s InstantCert?
I appreciate your help.

https://www.instantcert.com/articles/art...IT-Courses

That's right, further to that, you can take more courses at InstantCertCredit as it supports this board. There are a few that may interest you, if you ever wanted to take more than just the American Government course. Each course is just $20/month, $15/proctored exam.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you so much. I have 30 credits from community college. I used to take ESL classes.
Is there any university who would accept credits from ESL classes?
Many universities don’t accept it.
(03-23-2022, 12:15 PM)Sara143 Wrote: Thank you so much. I have 30 credits from community college. I used to take ESL classes.

ESL classes are usually considered "developmental" courses (preparation for college-level classes), so they won't typically count toward degree requirements.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(03-23-2022, 12:15 PM)Sara143 Wrote: Thank you so much. I have 30 credits from community college. I used to take ESL classes.

I haven't seen any transfer to UMPI. If they do they will be general electives. ESL classes are usually considered remedial courses in the US and aren't part of a degree program usually. Usually they are required for non-native English speakers to get them ready to handle classes in English. Similar to the remedial math classes offered to get you up to speed in math.
Thanks for all replies. Anyone has idea if I could study and do test in my native language? And I can get credit.
I passed English Duolingo test but unfortunately still having hard time to study in English.
(03-23-2022, 08:12 PM)Sara143 Wrote: Thanks for all replies. Anyone has idea if I could study and do test in my native language? And I can get credit.
I passed English Duolingo test but unfortunately still having hard time to study in English.

Do you mean take a foreign language exam in your language? All of the course content is in English. All of your exams will be in English. Also all of the papers you have to write have to be in proper American English and follow the APA guidelines. How are you English writing skills? UMPI may not be your best option if you struggle with reading and writing in English.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Am I allowed to choose any minor(s) for the BLS? 875876 3 252 09-15-2024, 10:54 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  General Education Help bigtimestudy 1 308 09-02-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BLS Minor in Management Plan mohelena02 5 428 08-25-2024, 12:23 AM
  Transfer cybersecurity minor/major into UMPI? Robson 11 765 08-16-2024, 12:03 PM
  Adding a Minor to Business Administration Major Mrbarbz 8 551 07-15-2024, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Mrbarbz
  Job seeking with bls with management and project management minor bvndz 11 1,837 07-09-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Transfer credits came in as general electives achraf15 10 908 07-07-2024, 03:40 PM
  Advisor Assigned & Minor Questions colonelcamp 13 778 07-02-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Important information! READ BEFORE APPLYING rachel83az 91 66,720 06-30-2024, 11:11 AM
Last Post: mdn
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 10 1,493 06-24-2024, 10:23 AM