Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Study.com Assigngments Required? Or is it point based?
I'm taking English Comp I and II on Study.com to transfer for the TESU General Ed requirements.

The Study.com website says that all the assignments are required if you want college credit. But it also says you have to get 210 total points to pass. For Eng Comp I, I got 100 on quizzes, 23 on first paper, 21 on second paper and 95 on the final. So that total is 239. I don't have to do the third paper, right?

Same question for English Comp II. If I get 100 on quizzes, 100 on final (theoretically) and 10 (out of 20) on the first paper. Do I have to do the other two papers?

Anyone have experience with this?
all assignments have to be completed. How well you do on them doesn't matter if you have a passing grade. If you submit a paper that doesn't meet any of the reqs and took you 3 minutes it will count. I wouldn't do this if you aren't sure of the final grade before hand though.... It's like any normal course. If you do a bad job you can still pass the class assuming you did VERY well on everything else.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Zachcleigh Wrote:all assignments have to be completed. How well you do on them doesn't matter if you have a passing grade. If you submit a paper that doesn't meet any of the reqs and took you 3 minutes it will count. I wouldn't do this if you aren't sure of the final grade before hand though.... It's like any normal course. If you do a bad job you can still pass the class assuming you did VERY well on everything else.

Are you sure? I saw in other posts that people didn't do all the assignments. I'm just a bit confused.
It does state ALL Assignments need to be completed. I would just do all the assignments. Take 10-15 minutes and put together something for the third essay and send it in. Same with COMP II, what I did for that was actually made myself do all the assignments first then took the quizzes/final.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:It does state ALL Assignments need to be completed. I would just do all the assignments. Take 10-15 minutes and put together something for the third essay and send it in. Same with COMP II, what I did for that was actually made myself do all the assignments first then took the quizzes/final.

Congrats on finishing up the BSBA by the way.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Limited Time 68% Off College Saver at Study.com portals 40 7,156 5 hours ago
Last Post: promise22
  Study.com History Courses lawqueen04 4 172 09-16-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Lightbulb Study.com 5 Exam Limit per Month Clarification Jaymes 2 204 09-13-2024, 08:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 399 496,682 09-12-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: wow
  Study.com non-proctored final exams Tsanchez123 6 599 08-30-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: wow
  Study.com renewal discount Tsanchez123 1 229 08-25-2024, 10:53 AM
  Which order should I take these Study.com Classes from easiest to most difficult? mohelena02 9 3,192 08-16-2024, 11:36 AM
  Study.com Exam, Accidentally Left Installer Open ExcellentPhoto 2 384 08-13-2024, 06:41 PM
  Study.com—is this course NCCRS or ACE? wow 15 710 08-12-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  SDC Health 302 no exam required after 9/3/2024 NOX 1 234 08-10-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: LevelUP