Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone use Khan Acadamy?
Khan helped me a fair amount with the Biology CLEP. Sal is a little..............long-winded sometiems, but he still does a great job of explaining the material.
Westerner Wrote:Depends on what you’re studying...history, science, math?

For history I like these: Annenberg Learner, Watch History Topics Videos Online - History.com

For science: Periodic Videos, Sixty Symbols, Chem4Kids, Biology4Kids, Physics4Kids

Oh, yeah, sorry! I'm studying for Biology. Thanks for the help!
sanantone Wrote:I prefer the Annenberg videos because I get bored easily and their liberal arts videos provide great coverage for CLEPs and DSSTs. Khan Academy is great for math, an area which Annenberg is lacking. I know the KA videos are short; but, when you have to watch over 100 of them to get through a subject, it's pretty demotivating. However, this is coming from someone with a short attention span. The Annenberg videos are somewhat entertaining, imo.

Would you be so kind as to send me the link? I'd greatly appreciate it!
Teester Wrote:Would you be so kind as to send me the link? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Westerner posted the link earlier. Annenberg doesn't have any videos specifically on biology for college students, just microbiology. Some of the videos for teachers might help you though. An interesting tidbit is that Annenberg videos are used by Colorado State University for graduate courses in education. Just register for the courses at less than $100 per credit, watch the videos, and complete the required assignments.

Resource: Unseen Life on Earth: An Introduction to Microbiology
Resource: Intimate Strangers: Unseen Life on Earth
Resource: Rediscovering Biology: Molecular to Global Perspectives
Resource: Essential Science for Teachers: Life Science

I once read that Annenberg videos eerily follow CLEP and DSST tests. I don't know about that, but they helped me pass U.S. History and Introductory Psychology along with the IC flashcards.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Khan World School - College Prep partnership with ASU bjcheung77 0 653 10-15-2022, 07:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College Algebra TECEP - Khan Academy??? IC??? dfrecore 1 629 08-31-2015, 01:41 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  What level math can Khan Academy prepare me for, for a CLEP test? Myco_Scholar 2 2,047 07-28-2015, 10:53 AM
Last Post: jortholmes
  Using Khan Academy to prep for College Algebra CLEP? muranternet 11 16,230 04-11-2015, 07:28 AM
Last Post: bricabrac
  Help with Order of Khan Videos for DSST Stats Test LaterBloomer 4 771 05-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Last Post: mrs.b
  Which Khan Academy Videos are the Most Useful for DSST Principles of Statistics? studygirl2 1 732 11-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Last Post: cookderosa