Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know any certificates to cover BUS 200-400 classes?
Down to my last 11 classes I have exhausted all my study.com exams for the month.curious if there is any certificates that would that could be completed before April 19th for one of the classes below? Thanks in advance. 
  •  Bus 200 intermediate business computing 
  • Bus 218 materials and inventory management 
  • Bus 220 Managerial accounting 
  • Bus 231 total quality management 
  • Bus 240 change management 
  • Bus 325 Finical management 
  • BUS 363 sourcing analysis 
  • BUS 412 supplier relationship Manager 
  • Bus 440 business analytics 
  • Bus 452 channel management 
  • Bus 469 strategic professional communication
BUS440 can be done on Coursera. It might be faster/easier at UMPI, though. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
How about using SDC to learn the material, and then take the Saylor exam for BUS105: Managerial Accounting?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-06-2023, 02:17 PM)rachel83az Wrote: BUS440 can be done on Coursera. It might be faster/easier at UMPI, though. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera

I would say that that course would be faster to take at UMPI. I tried to complete that cert but couldn't get past the 5th course. All of the labs are broken (meaning that no matter what you try, you cannot complete them. It's a bummer because the labs are directly related to the final for that course), and nobody at Coursera is any help. 

I hope they change it because it would be a good option, but as it is, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

(04-06-2023, 03:43 PM)dfrecore Wrote: How about using SDC to learn the material, and then take the Saylor exam for BUS105: Managerial Accounting?

Why not just take the whole course from SDC?

Edit: Sorry, I didn't realize that the OP did not want SDC classes Shy
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(04-06-2023, 02:17 PM)rachel83az Wrote: BUS440 can be done on Coursera. It might be faster/easier at UMPI, though. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera

How does transferring the certificate work? Do I just send it to admissions from coursea? I see it is an IBM certificate do I study on there and then move over somewhere to IBM and take it? Thanks for everything so far.
BUS440 is an exam and is much shorter than the certificate on Coursera which is multiple courses. Keep in mind that you must complete at least 30 credits at UMPI.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • acethroughcollege, Pikachu
(04-06-2023, 06:30 PM)ss20ts Wrote: BUS440 is an exam and is much shorter than the certificate on Coursera which is multiple courses. Keep in mind that you must complete at least 30 credits at UMPI.

I think that's why they asked about doing 1 course (they have 11 remaining, so doing 1 before they start would leave them with 10).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • jarrett312
@jarrett312, I would also take a look at 'Bus 200 intermediate business computing' and see what options can transfer into UMPI. Have you asked UMPI about what providers they accept that will hit this requirement? It may be the easiest from the list if you're not into Accounting.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-06-2023, 09:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @jarrett312, I would also take a look at 'Bus 200 intermediate business computing' and see what options can transfer into UMPI.  Have you asked UMPI about what providers they accept that will hit this requirement? It may be the easiest from the list if you're not into Accounting.

Intermediate business computing is not an accounting class. The final is a Word brochure, Excel sheet, and PowerPoint presentation (with optional voice-over)
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
[-] The following 2 users Like acethroughcollege's post:
  • Pikachu, ss20ts
acethroughcollege Wrote:
bjcheung77 Wrote:@jarrett312, I would also take a look at 'Bus 200 intermediate business computing' and see what options can transfer into UMPI.  Have you asked UMPI about what providers they accept that will hit this requirement? It may be the easiest from the list if you're not into Accounting.

Intermediate business computing is not an accounting class. The final is a Word brochure, Excel sheet, and PowerPoint presentation (with optional voice-over)

Rachel83Az mentioned BUS440 transfer through Coursera and dfrecore mentioned taking the Saylor exam for Managerial Accounting. I indicated it may be easier to take a similar course or exam that can transfer into UMPI, if the student isn't into Accounting... and I would guess anything that is lower level would be easier/faster to complete, thus the first one on the list was my recommendation. It really depends on the student and if there is a transferable course for it. I'd check the transfer guide and verify with an academic advisor if a course can be done using alternative credit...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • acethroughcollege

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Completed 20 classes this term Sean1234 24 2,626 07-29-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BBA PM & IS timeline 16 classes seven9781 1 246 07-03-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accounting classes at umpi, most did these at sdc Sarajane 7 628 06-24-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: CharisandJon
  Sophia Classes for BA Psych? CollegeBraveB 6 1,295 06-10-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Failed classes prissy1pris 10 1,824 05-20-2024, 12:34 AM
Star Degree Planning - Help with Choosing UL POS classes Marlin9276 2 422 05-19-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Marlin9276
  Anyone have experience with these classes? HappyPeanut 2 508 05-09-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: HappyPeanut
  How do I know which of my classes will transfer? mt_1994 6 654 05-07-2024, 07:58 PM
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements asdfasd78 5 584 04-24-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  What accounting classes require exams or paper? I have 11 classes left Sarajane 7 794 04-20-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Sarajane