Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone has recently completed LIB-4950 OL003
Hi Everyone,
Greetings of the day!

I have registered for LIB 4950 OL003 Capstone project which is starting next week. I just wanted to quickly connect with anyone who has recently completed the course to have an understanding with their experience. Really appreciate if anyone can connect by sending private messages or replying to this post. 

Also anyone who has registered for the same timeline as mine, please feel free to connect with me. 

Thanks.
Hello Chan.kckn. I just finished up LIB-4950 on 7/28 with Dr. Christine Hansen per the researched suggestion of this board and ratemyprofessor. It's pretty straightforward. 4 written assignments geared to each section/chapter of your research. 5 discussion forums sharing your progress on your research; keep up with the initial/response deadlines as this is not accepted late. The final discussion post is actually posting the oral presentation/slideshow of your research, which is also worth 10% toward your capstone (I opted out of doing it and still passed the course). I was overwhelmed with the thought of completing a 25-40 page paper in the beginning, but it eased up once I realized the 4 written assignments go toward the completion of the full project.

Your topic has to go along with your major (my major is computer science and I tied the advancement of technology and possible future technology that can help the deaf and hard of-Hearing). Your topic/thesis has to get approved first before starting any research; try to get it to be specific and not too broad.

If possible, do the ETS Profile/MFT early on so you don't have to worry about it during the middle of finishing up the capstone. I do believe the MFT is graded per your score if you're taking the exam and not the written one. I scored low but within range and earned a 75 for my low score.

Overall, a great course with a helpful mentor.
Degrees
Polk State College, AA Liberal Arts, 2023 ACE/MOOC Friendly )
TESU, BA Computer Science/BS Computer Info Systems, AS Biology Pending 2024 )
RA Credits
ICC, NMJC, Polk State College
ACE Credits
Sophia Learning, Coursera, SDC
[-] The following 1 user Likes MissRN's post:
  • Chan.kckn
(08-01-2024, 05:43 PM)MissRN Wrote: Hello Chan.kckn. I just finished up LIB-4950 on 7/28 with Dr. Christine Hansen per the researched suggestion of this board and ratemyprofessor. It's pretty straightforward. 4 written assignments geared to each section/chapter of your research. 5 discussion forums sharing your progress on your research; keep up with the initial/response deadlines as this is not accepted late. The final discussion post is actually posting the oral presentation/slideshow of your research, which is also worth 10% toward your capstone (I opted out of doing it and still passed the course). I was overwhelmed with the thought of completing a 25-40 page paper in the beginning, but it eased up once I realized the 4 written assignments go toward the completion of the full project.

Your topic has to go along with your major (my major is computer science and I tied the advancement of technology and possible future technology that can help the deaf and hard of-Hearing). Your topic/thesis has to get approved first before starting any research; try to get it to be specific and not too broad.

If possible, do the ETS Profile/MFT early on so you don't have to worry about it during the middle of finishing up the capstone. I do believe the MFT is graded per your score if you're taking the exam and not the written one. I scored low but within range and earned a 75 for my low score.

Overall, a great course with a helpful mentor.

Hello MissRN, Thanks for sharing the details. Really appreciated a lot. Having said I have sent you a message with few additional questions, Please if you can look into it and reply back at your convenience, it will be really helpful. Thank you!
(08-01-2024, 06:31 PM)Chan.kckn Wrote: Hello MissRN, Thanks for sharing the details. Really appreciated a lot. Having said I have sent you a message with few additional questions, Please if you can look into it and reply back at your convenience, it will be really helpful. Thank you!

If you ask your questions privately, then no one else benefits from the answers.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • jch
I did this I think with Professor Peck a few months ago. It was challenging but she was very helpful making suggestions on how to frame the topic which was an outgrowth of TESU Geography final project. The presentation was not hard. My only advice is don't take any other classes because this one does require a lot of focus. By the time you get to the final draft, the paper just needs to be assembled if you did it right.
I'm currently taking LIB-4950 right now. I finish it in September. I would just suggest time management to get things done. Every assignment really helps you for the end product.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 11 1,371 05-23-2024, 08:59 PM
Last Post: resistk
  BA Double Major Completed Niketay 3 735 11-01-2023, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Niketay
  BSBA Completed! Thank you! tpell1219 12 1,374 04-29-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: tallpilot
  Any experience transferring specific study.com courses recently Sallym 5 1,013 03-23-2022, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Sallym
  Completed Associate Degree from Thomas Edison - A Few Tips jumpstart 4 2,037 01-11-2019, 07:39 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero