Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any tips for human growth and development clep?
Hopefully taking it one day this week. Any tips? Thanks Smile
Human Development can also be referred as "Child Development". So if you're looking for material also run "Child Development" through.

morahsara Wrote:Hopefully taking it one day this week. Any tips? Thanks Smile
I passed this one back in 2012. Instantcert is all you need, but pay attention to the material and the different theories and who did what, rather than just memorizing the cards.
I passed this test on 12/17/2014. I only studied the flashcards and the attached document. I also googled some things to get additional information just to insure I understood. Another user started this study guide but I added to and changed it up a bit. Good luck!

Attached Files
.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">HG&D (1).docx (Size: 53.94 KB / Downloads: 28)
I just took this today and passed with a 59. I am a registered nurse and needed this to finish my BSN. Of note, I have had exposure to this information. Honestly, IC was great but take the time to take the practice test on Peterson's if you can, it does cost $19 but well worth it, in my opinion. Use the guide that someone posted below and make certain to know your Piaget and Kohlberg. I had very little on Freud. The practice questions that are on the Clep website, were, verbatim, on my test. Good luck!!!
this set of dvds is awesome
just really, really good and fun to watch if you're interested in learning about the subject

Theories of Human Development Prof. Watson-Social Science

unfortunately they're not on sale at the moment
you can usually get them for $60

but they may have them at a library near you
Christopher Wrote:Human Development can also be referred as "Child Development". So if you're looking for material also run "Child Development" through.

I would have to disagree. Child Development is a career and technical series. Human Growth and Development is through psychology. If you're having trouble, the "other" title of HG&D is called Lifespan Psychology, so you'll see it listed as both. HTH
I passed the CLEP for HG&D and passed with a 60 this past Friday! Anyway, when I took the exam I noticed that there was not that many Piaget questions instead there were a lot of developmental questions, different types of research studies, only one or two questions about the brain, and some theory questions. The questions are not as tricky but you got to know your stuff. The Q's are wordy so read it carefully to make sure you understand what its asking you. I had prepared for three months with the 2016 college board HG&D practice test, instantcert, the REA practice tests for $10, the REA 1998 book version, the petersons website which is for free, and I used the study guides that other people posted on this forum. If you were in a tight budget like I was, the petersons and the REA practice tests really do help! The instantcert wasn't really useful for me but the more resources the better! Smile Good luck and hope this helps!
The practice questions that are on the Clep website, were, verbatim, on my test. Good luck!!![/QUOTE]

Which Clep website please???

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,878 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  Capstone Writing: Tips & Tricks rachel83az 11 33,507 01-25-2024, 11:46 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 690 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Universitat Oberta de Catalunya - Bachelor's degree in Software Development nyvrem 5 1,877 05-16-2023, 05:46 PM
  Tips on How to Get Straight A’s in College LevelUP 19 4,606 05-07-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  Having a growth mindset vs fixed mindset LevelUP 0 509 04-11-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 607 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Question Anyone Have Any Tips for Searching for College News? LevelUP 0 509 12-19-2022, 05:34 PM
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,224 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  Excelsior Professional Development Courses (Non-Credit) BBryant165 5 1,771 08-29-2022, 11:05 PM