Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any suggestion for online DBA
(03-24-2024, 11:35 PM)doyouhowdo1 Wrote:
(03-24-2024, 06:42 PM)Darknigh7 Wrote: South College. RA. $6k per 6 month term.
https://www.south.edu/program/doctor-of-...a-program/

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Do they accept international students? I'm asking is because competency-based program I have looked at like WGU, they will only accept people that have green card or U.S citizenship. 
6k per 6 month sounds alright for me.

[

Yes.

https://www.south.edu/admissions/interna...-students/

(03-25-2024, 01:18 AM)armado Wrote:
(03-24-2024, 07:34 PM)dr master Wrote: Is there any university that accept credit from level 8 diploma into their doctora programme

It only cost 700$ for me to get a level 8 diploma and it will be cheaper faster to finish doctora if they accept transfer credit from level 8 diploma
I'm trying to make a list of all university that accept transfer credit , guys reply or contact me if anyone had any info about universities that accept transfer credit or want me digging into any university that might accept transfer credit

May I ask which school did you complete level 8 and how long for this ?
I also want to know where did he/she did the level 8 as well. So i might do level 8 and MBA at the same time
If you can go up to $40k, this would add:

University of the Potomac (RA)
California Intercontinental University
California Southern University (RA, ACBSP)
Indiana Wesleyan University (RA, ACBSP, Non-Prof)
Southern Wesleyan University (RA, ACBSP, Non-Prof)
University of West Alabama (RA, ACBSP, Non-Prof)
University of the Cumberlands (RA, IACBE, Non-Prof)
Bryan College (RA, IACBE, Non-Prof)
Wilmington University (RA, IACBE, Non-Prof)
University of Mary (RA, IACBE, Non-Prof)

That amount also would make possible the University of the Cumberlands PhD in Business. (RA, IACBE, Non-Prof)

Haven’t verified acceptance of international students at any of those and prices/tuition rates were good as of the last time I checked (around a year ago).
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
What does Non-Prof mean?
(03-25-2024, 09:56 AM)ss20ts Wrote: What does Non-Prof mean?

Non-profit/not-for-profit
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 1 user Likes freeloader's post:
  • ss20ts
(03-25-2024, 01:33 AM)Darknigh7 Wrote:
(03-24-2024, 11:35 PM)doyouhowdo1 Wrote:
(03-24-2024, 06:42 PM)Darknigh7 Wrote: South College. RA. $6k per 6 month term.
https://www.south.edu/program/doctor-of-...a-program/

Do they accept international students? I'm asking is because competency-based program I have looked at like WGU, they will only accept people that have green card or U.S citizenship. 
6k per 6 month sounds alright for me.

[

Yes.

https://www.south.edu/admissions/interna...-students/

I have speak with South College. They do accept international student. The fee are the same as the locals.
Maybe check out some Doctoral degrees that are available with the MOOC's like Coursera, EdX, FutureLearn, Udacity, UpGrad...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You can get a DBA from Guglielmo Marconi University (Rome, Italy) via Eaton Business School for $17k. I don't believe they have the propio vs officiale system in Italy, so you should be good with this one. I would double check though.

https://ebsedu.org/doctorate/doctorate-o...istration/
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert Computing: London Metropolitan University

Non-Credit Professional Certificates
Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace: The Open University (UK)***Leading in a Remote Environment: Harvard University***Leadership and Communication: Harvard University***Digital Transformation as a Business and Innovation Strategy: Tec de Monterrey***Prince2 Certified***Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

Planned
Master in Public Administration: Marconi University (IT) 
Doctorate of Business Administration: Abertay University (UK) via Westford University College

[-] The following 1 user Likes Leedeedee's post:
  • armado
@dr master, got your PM, don't go for that Level 7 as it's NOT accredited, thus, you won't be able to get into a Level 8. You might want to send me another PM informing me which Level 8 you're referring to in post #7 on this thread. You want to make sure the Level 7 & 8 are actually accredited, don't just look at cost, ease, speed to finish, it has to have the ROI/Value and possibility of progression later.

@doyouhowdo1, to answer your post #9 question "What if I only have a MBA and SQA level 11. Will they also allow me to do only the Doctoral Research phase. Are they RA too?" These are not RA, but foreign equivalent to RA, having said that, you're at a Level 7 when it gets evaluated, thus, you can't use it for progression to this DBA. You need to complete a Level 8, CMI or OTHM are your best options.

@dr master, @doyouhowdo1, and whoever else is reading...  Here's my take and partial advice... I'll add to this once I get more details, but I highly recommend people to fill in the addendum and template, with more details on your undergrad/graduate studies, study habits, time management, etc, we'll be better equipped to help you more...

bjcheung77 Wrote:
Member Wrote:
bjcheung77 Wrote:
Member Wrote:I want to get your opinion. I'm searching and doing a lot of research to find good, affordable doctoral programs. All of the programs in the USA are so expensive. I have to search outside of the US. By looking at foreign doctoral degrees, we are taking a risk that they are not accredited and do not hold equivalency to US accredited doctoral degrees.

You received a good evaluation with NACES for your Ph.D. or doctoral foreign degree. Do you think your foreign Ph.D. or DBA holds the same level of weight as Ph.D. programs from low-ranking US for-profit institutions (Walden, Phoenix, Capella, and other) and not-for-profit institutions (Liberty University, Edgewood College, Purdue Global University and other)?

Another option, I can enroll into OTHM Diploma level 8 UK and it is cheaper and faster.

It really depends on the whole picture, where did you do your undergrad and what was it in? I'll explain afterwards...

I completed both my undergraduate and master's degrees in the US, specializing in IT and cybersecurity. I'm curious about the relevance of this information to my question about doctoral degrees?

Easy, personalized progression is the main thing I look at now...  Previously, people, including myself, looked at the combo of cheap, easy, fast.  I then pivoted to adding ROI/Value, having said that, nowadays, I like to personalize and make sure there is proper progression.

Example I use often is Supermind, TESU AS Math plus BALS Psych, ladder to Walden MS Psych, add PSY CHI society membership.  It comes from a public/state institution first as a backbone/starting point, exclusive online Masters as a ladder, finish with additional membership.

If I know where you got your degrees from and the specializations, I'll further be able to personalize and make sure your progression path is the most optimal from undergrad Associates/Bachelors to Graduate Masters and beyond.  This is looked at by future employers, immigration, institutions, etc.

And below is the resolution I propose, for individuals who have a 'different undergrad/graduate' level of studies, it may go differently.  Another example, someone who wants it the cheapest, easiest, fastest, combo of ROI/Value and they're 'international'.  With Pierpont BOG AAS now accepting international students, it can be done in 2-2.5 years from Associates to Doctorate - Pierpont BOG AAS, ENEB double masters evaluation as RA Bachelors & Grad Cert, OTHM Level 8 UK diploma, lastly ladder to US/UK DBA/DProf.

bjcheung77 Wrote:
Member Wrote:I'm also in the process of completing my MBA from ABC. I am taking little more time to complete it. With two master's degrees from ABC and XYZ, I believe I'm well-equipped at the graduate level. My intention to pursue a doctoral degree stems from a desire for personal achievement and to enhance my competitiveness in the job market. That's why I'm asking this question. 

If you received a favorable evaluation with NACES for your Ph.D. or doctoral foreign degree. Do you believe your foreign Ph.D. or DBA carries the same weight as Ph.D. programs from low-ranking US universities? If it doesn't hold the same weight, I'll consider completing my MBA and conducting further research. Alternatively, I may explore starting the OTHM Diploma Level 8, though I haven't made a final decision yet.

Awesome, now we know the basics, we can begin deducing what may be better options, it's similar to asking a question - X different doors in a Castle with treasure, which would you take to lead you outside?  People usually focus on one thing, getting outside.  I, on the other hand, like to deduce things a bit further as maybe all of them lead outside but with different adventures due to various routes, traps, and treasures abound...

From the brief info you provided, you should have a solid (solid enough at least) background in undergrad and graduate studies at the Masters level.  Going for a doctorate is great for personal and professional achievements that can be beneficial at all levels of furthering education, employment, and even emigration.  As I mentioned earlier, it really does depend, especially the needs, wants, and cost, ease, speed, etc...

Even with a favorable evaluation, I would not go for a doctoral degree elsewhere since all your studies so far are from the US, either butt-in-seat or exclusively online, I would only recommend the Level 8 UK diploma, laddering to a US or UK institution instead of any other international doctorate that required an evaluation to be RA equivalent.  Furthermore, FYI, US/UK are the top two nations for many things, including education.

Having a degree from the for-profits, or non-profit institutions you mentioned would be the options I would select from, these are RA. It doesn't matter if they're not top ranked, they serve the purpose of being a 'check the box doctorate' and is fully accredited.  Lastly, probably most important as well...You don't need to explain why you have an international doctorate each and every time people ask.  So, finish your Masters, do the Level 8 UK diploma, then apply to one of these you mentioned...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Online DBA from AACSB-Accredited Business School sanantone 10 809 08-31-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: cc95
  University of Central Arkansas's Online Ph.D mohelena02 24 5,371 07-25-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  UNC Greensboro Online Phds in Economics and Info Systems freeloader 1 392 07-12-2024, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Courcelles
  Southern Miss Online PhD in Computer Science Jonathan Whatley 0 394 06-22-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Advice for Distant Learning / Online PhD in Economics or Management bwilliamsb 4 700 06-20-2024, 02:33 AM
Last Post: kb24bi8
  Choosing the Right PhD Program Education / Hospitality (online) Frost87b3 5 564 04-24-2024, 03:22 AM
Last Post: Frost87b3
  Most Affordable Online PhD in CompSci or Cybersecurity wiresandscreens 34 5,716 02-16-2024, 03:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online doctorate degrees Malaysia Johann1 6 1,625 02-08-2024, 01:52 AM
  2024 Online EdD Programs No Dissertation Required (Applied Capstone Projects) Imbanewbie 2 1,041 02-08-2024, 01:36 AM
  Looking for 2 year DBA online Bob Sham 42 9,131 01-04-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Johann1