Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any enrolled EC Accounting students on here?
Any EC accounting students on the board? what does your road map look like?

[SIZE="2"]LUCK DOESN'T EXIST![/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"]"Luck? Luck is when you're at your desk until four a.m. every night chasing deals, and a few years later you look up and your broker tells you you're worth a few million dollars"-RYAN D'AGOSTINO
"You are your own worst enemy. You waste precious time dreaming of the future instead of engaging in the present. Since nothing seems urgent to you, you are only half involved in what you do. The only way to change is through action and outside pressure. Put yourself in situations where you have too much at stake to waste time or resources - if you cannot afford to lose, you won’t. Cut your ties to the past; enter unknown territory where you must depend on your wits and energy to see you through. Place yourself on “death ground,” where your back is against the wall and you have to fight like hell to get out alive." -The 33 Strategies of War[/SIZE][/SIZE]
I'm kicking around the idea of enrolling but right now am too swamped to really put myself into the position of being able to complete it in less than a year. I was gonna do the general track, and really, I wouldn't recommend my path to completing a degree to anyone. I've taken classes at 6 undergraduate institutions and obtained 30+ credits through testing. For my accounting concentration I've got most of the requirements done through communitiy college work, and was gonna take a couple of LSU's accounting classes with EC's accounting requirement to graduate.
I m edumakated thanx to distunce lerning.

MEd, Texas A&M University, 2018
MBA, University of North Dakota, 2014
MS, University of Illinois Springfield, 2010
BSBA, Thomas Edison State University, 2008
AS / AAS, Tidewater Community College, 2004
I finished my BS in General Accounting at EC almost a year ago. What do you want to know?
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="blue"]
BS in Accounting(General) from Excelsior College
Enrolled in MBA program at Upper Iowa University.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
SimonTam Wrote:I finished my BS in General Accounting at EC almost a year ago. What do you want to know?

how many upper level credits are required? 12 or 15? Their catalog seems very ambiguous to me. I want to make for certain before I enroll; I have apprx 90 credits right now.

[SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"]"Luck? Luck is when you're at your desk until four a.m. every night chasing deals, and a few years later you look up and your broker tells you you're worth a few million dollars"-RYAN D'AGOSTINO
"You are your own worst enemy. You waste precious time dreaming of the future instead of engaging in the present. Since nothing seems urgent to you, you are only half involved in what you do. The only way to change is through action and outside pressure. Put yourself in situations where you have too much at stake to waste time or resources - if you cannot afford to lose, you won’t. Cut your ties to the past; enter unknown territory where you must depend on your wits and energy to see you through. Place yourself on “death ground,” where your back is against the wall and you have to fight like hell to get out alive." -The 33 Strategies of War[/SIZE][/SIZE]
It requires 12 credit hours of upper level credit. However, you will probably meet the entire upper level requirement through the required concentration courses. All five of my concentration courses were upper level. Also, required courses, such as Production/Operations Management and Business Policy are not counted as part of the advanced level credit requirement even if they are listed as junior or senior level courses. Therefore, you should plan accordingly.

Here is how I did it:
Approximately 50 credit hours from prior school work.
CLEPS:
Humanities
Social Sciences and History
Natural Sciences
Principles of Microeconomics
Principles of Macroeconomics
American Government
Principles of Accounting (6 cr., no longer available)
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Management
Introductory Business Law
DANTES:
Ethics in America
Principles of Statistics
Principles of Finance
Organizational Behavior
TECEP:
Operations Management
COURSE WORK:
Business Policy - Adams State College
Intermediate Accounting I - Independent study at LSU
Intermediate Accounting II - Independent study at LSU
Cost analysis and control - Independent study at LSU
Income tax accounting I - Independent study at LSU
Auditing - Independent study at LSU
Information Literacy - Excelsior College
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="blue"]
SimonTam Wrote:It requires 12 credit hours of upper level credit. However, you will probably meet the entire upper level requirement through the required concentration courses. All five of my concentration courses were upper level. Also, required courses, such as Production/Operations Management and Business Policy are not counted as part of the advanced level credit requirement even if they are listed as junior or senior level courses. Therefore, you should plan accordingly.

Here is how I did it:
Approximately 50 credit hours from prior school work.
CLEPS:
Humanities
Social Sciences and History
Natural Sciences
Principles of Microeconomics
Principles of Macroeconomics
American Government
Principles of Accounting (6 cr., no longer available)
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Management
Introductory Business Law
DANTES:
Ethics in America
Principles of Statistics
Principles of Finance
Organizational Behavior
TECEP:
Operations Management
COURSE WORK:
Business Policy - Adams State College
Intermediate Accounting I - Independent study at LSU
Intermediate Accounting II - Independent study at LSU
Cost analysis and control - Independent study at LSU
Income tax accounting I - Independent study at LSU
Auditing - Independent study at LSU
Information Literacy - Excelsior College

thank you X 1000; I've been investigating their (EC) requirements for days.
Also, on another topic, what are you doing with those old LSU books? Big Grin

swisha2k Wrote:thank you X 1000; I've been investigating their (EC) requirements for days.
Also, on another topic, what are you doing with those old LSU books? Big Grin

You're welcome. As for my LSU books, I'm keeping them for reference material. After I finish my MBA, I hope to get an accounting job and I might need to refer to them.
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="blue"]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACCUMULATING ACCOUNTING CREDITS for CPA - WHAT COLLEGE TO USE AND FROM WHOM? germ 9 2,723 09-27-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: turbotortuga
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,749 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 216 39,104 08-04-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,383 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  A new program in Colorado recognizes students who didn’t complete their bachelor’s de davewill 4 738 07-06-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Older teacher gets the students! bjcheung77 2 347 06-21-2024, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Real? OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance David1477 1 519 06-20-2024, 01:53 AM
Last Post: OtterDen
  CPA prep course + 30 hours of Accounting credit for $2,970 freeloader 6 769 05-31-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  UK students invading US institutions! And more... bjcheung77 1 327 05-20-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 1,066 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill