Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anthropology or Astronomy?????
Help me decide please!!!!! I am wasting a lot of time trying to decide which exam to take next. All I need to graduate is one of these....Where can I find good test preparation material for either one of these besides IC, and besides specific feedback.. Thanks. I want to test on this Thursday...I keep getting half way through study material and then I think I better take something else...what gives? I have study for American Government, Anthropology,ethics, and now astronomy. Can't decide which is easier to master....Help please!!!!!

Yolie38
I have not taken any of those exams so I can't answer your question specifically. However, if I was you I would ask myself the following questions to help narrow your choice.... what do you have a good background in?? would any of those tests require studying from scratch? which one do you have at least some interest in (makes studying more tolerable)??. Then I would really look over 'Specific Exam Feedback' and go thru all the posts and see what people say about how tough it is, what would it require to get a good grade etc. Personally, I would choose the one that I have a good background in and have at least some interest in. Also, go to this website Free Clep Prep.com it has resources on study prep and gives info on how hard the tests are.
yolie38 Wrote:Where can I find good test preparation material for either one of these besides IC, and besides specific feedback.
I know that, for Astronomy, IC and specific exam feedback are enough to obtain materials for the exam. I used IC, the feedback forum, and a textbook (linked in the feedback in my signature). Astronomy was also interesting, so it was win-win for me.

As for taking the test this Thursday... It's certainly possible if you do nothing but study Astronomy (or Anthropology) until then, but I would recommend taking more time if at all possible.

yolie38 Wrote:I keep getting half way through study material and then I think I better take something else...what gives?
You just have to follow through. There will be bumps no matter what subject you take. Testing for credit is not an easy out, even though it is easier for some of us than others. You probably already know that - all I'm saying is, work hard and you'll accomplish your goals!

Hope it goes well,
R.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
creative Wrote:I have not taken any of those exams so I can't answer your question specifically. However, if I was you I would ask myself the following questions to help narrow your choice.... what do you have a good background in?? would any of those tests require studying from scratch? which one do you have at least some interest in (makes studying more tolerable)??. Then I would really look over 'Specific Exam Feedback' and go thru all the posts and see what people say about how tough it is, what would it require to get a good grade etc. Personally, I would choose the one that I have a good background in and have at least some interest in. Also, go to this website Free Clep Prep.com it has resources on study prep and gives info on how hard the tests are.

I would add that if your previous studies favor other sciences, go with Astronomy. If they favor social science, go with Anthropology. Most of all stay with one, given the short time frame.

Phillip
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Management 77[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Sociology 74[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Marketing 78[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Psychology 80 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro Business Law 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 73[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP A & I Lit 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Financial Accounting 62[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Ethics in America 468[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST MIS 482[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Natural Science 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Org Behavior 80[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Finance 462[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Next: ALEKS Jail (College Algebra) Going dark to finish[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need an Astronomy Lab btinnc 4 866 08-04-2020, 09:31 AM
Last Post: btinnc
Question Social Work, Sociology, or Anthropology Degree? LadySearchDog 5 1,778 08-14-2019, 02:35 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Cheap Astronomy Lab? quigongene 2 1,313 09-28-2017, 07:46 AM
Last Post: topdog98
  Advice For Astronomy DSST reach4thestars 17 5,864 09-22-2017, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  New Astronomy DSST djl5554 4 1,597 05-23-2017, 10:54 PM
Last Post: CTeener
  Anthropology, World Religion, or Human/Cultural Geography tsimmns 2 1,385 03-13-2017, 09:03 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  Astronomy dsst test mrscljohns 2 867 10-10-2013, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EI2HCB
  General Anthropology (DSST) or Introductory Sociology (CLEP) tgr1025 1 829 08-28-2013, 09:41 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  General Anthropology DSST pa$$4sure 6 2,005 07-29-2013, 02:35 PM
Last Post: TayTay
  General Anthropology-Advice? TayTay 0 503 05-29-2013, 01:45 PM
Last Post: TayTay