Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature clep?
Has anybody here used the analyzing and interpreting literature rea clep book?
Is it enough to learn what you need too know. This one is a tough one for me.
-Mark.
Yes, I used it and it was very helpful. It's probably all you need, although I would plan to take the practice test in the Official CLEP Study Guide. It's a more reliable tool for assessing how well you'll do on the real thing. You need to get at least half the questions right on that test before sitting the real exam. You can purchase it here:

Amazon.com: CLEP Official Study Guide 2009: The College Board: Books

Your biggest edge will come from knowing the technical jargon forwards and backwards--things like simile, anapest, iambic pentameter, stuff like that. As far as interpreting the passages goes, that's hard to study for--you either know how to do that or you don't. Big Grin So beef up on the technical knowledge and that can help put you over the edge.
Don't sweat this test! Cool

To be honest, I studied a grand total of about one hour for this test, and passed with a 75. (I just reviewed the literary terms in the REA book.)

I took American and English literature in high school, and that was enough. You can't really study for this one. However, the actual CLEP test was MUCH easier than the REA practice test (this is usually the case with all the exams).
-Andrew T.
[SIZE="1"]
Finished: 120 credits! [BSBA Thomas Edison State College] See my degree plan here.
[/SIZE]
Now Available for Amazon Kindle: How to Test Out of Your First Year of College (And More)
this is actually the next test im going to prepare for. thanks for the input. is there anyone out there that got mixed up with the college network before finding out about IC? i have their study materials and while i really cant say if it helped with my computer class because i did alot of different things from IC to Jans comp literacy...thanks for that one i know it helped. and petersons.
my question is has anyone used the college network study material for the analyzing and interpreting literature test? i just really don't want to waste time with this test im on a race with my husband hes in the pasadena nursing program in his 2nd semester and i need 2 more cleps a dantes and an excelsior exam before doing indiana state i really want to graduate at the same time or shortly thereafter. hows that for a goalWink
My sons just passed this and my younger son used only the REA CLEP book with 2 practice tests and then took 2 Peterson practice tests. (My older son did nothing as this is already his strong area.) There was nothing specific on the test that wasn't in REA, so that should be fine. The rest just depends on being a decent reader I think.

You can do it!!

Julie S.
thanks im going for it. i started today. and im shooting for a late march or early april test.
traditional credits 70

tests taken
sociology 65
information systems 52
introduction to computing 440
spanish 79 (native language)

tests needed:
pathophysiology
human anatomy and physiology
gerontology
statistics :eek:
A& I of literature
technical writing
plus ISU classes 4

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,896 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 692 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,225 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 1,072 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,841 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,479 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,400 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,671 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,898 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  English Comp 2 exam option? CLEP's closed yokopilar 4 2,382 05-06-2020, 09:17 AM
Last Post: yokopilar