Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Amity University: Free Regionally Accredited BA?
There is only one issue with this "free degree", the testing location is in one of their centers.
See their FAQ question/answer below.
How will be the mode of conducting examinations?
Examinations will be conducted through online mode in AMITY centers across INDIA and the globe.

Does it include this? http://www.pearsonvue.com/amity/
This is what it seems. http://www.amity.edu/AmityJee.aspx
Wowzah! http://amityonline.com/amityelearningweb...rete2.aspx
Read the exam center section - Internet Cafe for the win!

They seem to have a pretty good Business program: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amity_Business_School
They have several international offices: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amity_University
Just a comparison to their Dubai office, their fee's for a 3 year degree is roughly $11-12,000 US: http://amityuniversity.ae/prospective-st...-to-amity/
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • eriehiker, Pikachu
I think that everybody graduating in March at TESU should get together at a Trenton cybercafe and take the exams.
I just thought I'd update everybody on this. I signed up in November and started these classes. There are three for each term. It's a series of videos with one question after each video. I am not sure if these questions count for anything. The material is pretty easy, except for the fact that this is an Indian school and the sociology class in the first three has some questions about family structure and and caste that were not second nature to me.

The really funny thing is the pacing of the program. The material is not very difficult, so I was hoping to speed through the classes and take some exams quickly. So I zipped through pretty much everything, answering the questions. There is a progress bar on the main page and I kept wondering why it didn't show my fantastic progress. Well, it turns out that the progress bar simply shows the time that has elapsed since my enrollment. This means that I am 20%+ on progress because it has been a couple of months since I signed up. This made me laugh out loud because this might be very easy and free, but they mean it when they say that the program will take three years.

So my strategy is to wait four months and then cram at the last second, then wait six months and cram like crazy because that's just how I roll. So if anyone wants a VERRRYYYY SLLLOOOWWW and free undergraduate degree, this might be the one, but we won't know for sure until a little bit under three years from now.
[-] The following 2 users Like eriehiker's post:
  • Pikachu, Yenisei
There's always a catch.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Wow! What interesting info. I think this sort of thing would be interesting for someone who already has a degree and wants to learn from a different perspective or add something extra to a resume, for a low cost.

I would add to the opinion that this isn't an ideal first degree. A hiring manager might have doubts about contacting you for an interview if this is your only degree, unless you have a very obviously Indian name. So, I would have a plan worked out to highlight this education on the resume without bringing up reason to question - make it an asset instead of a reason to doubt your education.

Lastly, I'm bookmarking this and may come back to it. I've worked a lot in India and an Indian degree could add to my credibility there. However, even though India is one of my favorite countries to work in, I can honestly say that most Americans don't truly know the meaning of the word bureaucracy until they need something from an Indian institution.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Thank you msganti!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 4 85 5 hours ago
Last Post: rickrick
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 16 2,721 08-27-2024, 04:27 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  any Cert-free schools? pluggingalong 2 276 08-24-2024, 09:44 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong
  Perdoceo to acquire University of St. Augustine... bjcheung77 0 135 08-17-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,504 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 216 38,096 08-04-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  University of Lynchburg Transformation Charles Fout 8 783 08-01-2024, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 7 593 07-23-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  College or university isn't what it's cracked up to be... bjcheung77 3 402 07-14-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 718 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher