Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE
I think there were enough people calling and saying, "What the heck is going on? Are you getting ACE certified or not"? Hopefully it worked and ALEK's will be back!

sanantone Wrote:Y'all really must have gotten on their nerves. hilarious
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]
Okay, I feel like I am turing into my friend Cookderosa! HI COOK Smile Let's make it make it a contest. Whoever finds out first if ALEK's is officially (as in listed on the ACE website) back in the business of having an agreement with ACE for college credit (particularly credit at the big 3) wins...well just wins!

As for me, time is running out. I can't keep waiting on ALEK's/ACE. I am in full Khan Academy mode (thanks for the recommendation all) for College Math CLEP since I have to get this credit done or miss my January class registration deadline. My advisor told me that College Math is acceptable and with 6 credits! YAY! No extra Gen Ed needed like we thought. Khan Academy is just a learning system (a tool). You would still have to take a test to prove you understand math. I am pretty much full into study with Khan, so at this point I don't think I would want to switch back to ALEK's. However, does ALEK's offer a class that is (was) equal to the CLEP College Math? I don't see "College Math" on the list? I am thinking ALEK's might be a really good insurance policy for me. But would like this boards feedback on that as an option. It's only 20.00. So it's not a huge loss if they don't get ACE certification this month. Also, if ALEK's does get renewed and they retro it to November 2013, I will have a plan B in case anything goes wrong with CLEP College Math. So here's my latest plan:

1. Prep with Khan Academy, Reinforce with ALEK's and use Instant Cert and Official CLEP Prep book for the next 3 weeks.
2. Take College Math CLEP (6 credits)
3. Take/finish ALEK's as a back up plan in case ALEK's gets accepted/or I have any trouble with College Math CLEP

In case anyone didn't know my story... I am currently in 2 TESC courses one BSN and one MSN course (it's a dual Bachelors with some Masters courses program). We are roughly 1/2 the way done with these two courses, and that means I am only 2 TESC courses away from Graduating. The TESC Nursing program will not let you register for these last two classes without having ALL of your Non-nursing coursework done. I was on track to do that before October semester started. Then all the news about ALEK's not being certified with ACE hit the board. I called ALEK's, they didn't know what the deal was. They were waiting so I waited. Then the news came that they were only certified with ACE until the end of October. Panic set in, I had already booked my other Gen Ed course (Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP) and my last what I thought would count as Gen Ed but did not (Introduction to Management). So I am smack in the middle of a TESC semester now with only this one math course between me and those last 2 TESC courses...and graduating.

I think for me it's best to stick it out with College Math CLEP for the actual 6 credits and just be done with all the uncertainties surrounding ALEK's ACE certification.

keylargo_diver Wrote:I was just looking on the ACE credit website (the National Guide) for FEMA courses and noticed this on banner on the top of the page.

"Attention ALEKS Corporation (McGraw Hill) Students: All courses are currently under review. Pending a successful outcome, credit would be made available for learners effective November 1, 2013."

There wasn't any more details but this looks like a good sign for future ALEKS users.

OST Wrote:I find it funny that the message about ALEKS appeared on the ACE Credit National Guide homepage (ACE CREDIT | The National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training) first and now it's appearing on the transcript page at https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main. I was planning on calling both ALEKS and ACE, but now I'll wait. Big Grin
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]
No I'm not DDoSiNg your website ACE, I'm just checking if ALEKS has been renewed yet. Wink
OST Wrote:No I'm not DDoSiNg your website ACE, I'm just checking if ALEKS has been renewed yet. Wink

LOL

I get so excited when I see this thread bumped up to the top! Big Grin
Total Newb Big Grin - Enrolled at TESC for AA, eventually going for BA Psych.

Thanks to everyone who provides such awesome information on this site, I'm slowly getting the hang of this crazy process.

CLEP - Intro. Psych. - 63, A&I Literature - 72, Intro. Edu. Psych. - 59
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra
FEMA - 12 Credits
HEY EVERYONE,

ALEKS is back up on ACE as being current. It's showing a Dates Offered as "12/1/13 - Present".

So, dive in and have fun!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 3 606 09-16-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,923 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 418 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,799 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,772 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 367 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,447 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Closed Sophia Courses BritStudent 5 527 07-10-2024, 06:16 PM
  Reasonably priced upper-division RA math courses Ivo Lah 5 622 06-18-2024, 11:20 AM
  ASU Universal Learner Courses vetvso 10 3,256 05-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Avidreader