Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding on associates?
I'm currently awaiting my last evaluations from TESU that should put me with just my capstone left for completing my BA in Computer Science. Once my evaluations are credited, I should also have enough to get the Associates in Computer Science. I'd like to get that as well and wondering on how the timing of that works. It is my understanding I can also add this to my degree plan somehow? Then I graduate with both?

Can anyone shed light on how this process works?

Thanks!
You send a request to academic advising via email and they add it to your plan. You can also check whether math is easily reach, as it often is for BACS majors.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
It's a bit redundant to get the Associates, I would get it if you want to though...
Here's the links for associates and certs add on...

Associates: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...gree_Plans
Certificates: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...cate_Plans
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If you're already getting the BA in CS there isn't any added value to obtaining an associate degree in CS (mathematics maybe). But if you want it, be sure to have them add the 'Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics (ASNSM)' not the 'Associate in Science in Computer and Information Technology' - as the later has it's own capstone requirement.  And in order for the associate to be 'free' you do need to graduate with the bachelor and the associate at the same time.

Another option since you're going for the BACS is to add the Associate in Science in Business Administration (ASBA) instead. This could be easily done depending on your existing electives (and the the courses are all LL, no capstone). Showing you have some business education along with the CS on a resume could add value depending on the position or field you're looking for work in.

You can email TESU advising and have them ADD both and decide which (or both) to graduate with after you see the official evaluations. Again I see more value in the ASNSM Mathematics added to your resume/CV than and one in CS.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

You no longer have to graduate from the Associates and the Bachelor's degree at the same time in order for the Associates to be free. The residency waiver fee can be paid at the time of Associates graduation, and then it will count towards the Bachelor's at a later time.

"Students who successfully graduate from their first associate degree at TESU and pay the waiver will have been deemed to meet the University’s Credit Hour Residency requirement for both the completed associate degree and their first bachelor’s degree should they pursue one at TESU. The certificate residency fee may be applied toward the first associates/bachelors’ residency fee if the student completes their degree at TESU."

https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/fees
[-] The following 1 user Likes homeschoolmom1's post:
  • allvia
(02-23-2024, 02:45 PM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: You no longer have to graduate from the Associates and the Bachelor's degree at the same time in order for the Associates to be free. The residency waiver fee can be paid at the time of Associates graduation, and then it will count towards the Bachelor's at a later time.

"Students who successfully graduate from their first associate degree at TESU and pay the waiver will have been deemed to meet the University’s Credit Hour Residency requirement for both the completed associate degree and their first bachelor’s degree should they pursue one at TESU. The certificate residency fee may be applied toward the first associates/bachelors’ residency fee if the student completes their degree at TESU."

https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/fees

This is an excellent change that I was not aware of; however it should be stated that if they are not awarded at the same time you will have to pay the graduation fee (currently $298) again. So not free, but if you're expecting a significant amount of time between completing the the associate(s) and the bachelor(s) it could be worth it. I wish once you paid the residency waiver and graduated with any degree it was covered, as there is a certificate I'd like and I'm only 6 credits short. I just can't rationalize paying yet another $1250 waiver for it.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • jch
I would do the add-ons if there are no extra fees, energy, time associated with it... Meaning, graduate at the same time...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clarification on “free” add-on Associates degree Mccderm 12 1,670 12-27-2022, 09:16 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Does anyone have a spreadsheet for the TESU BACS + Math associates add on? CanICode 9 1,386 12-22-2022, 07:06 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Theoretical question: Adding ACE credits to a TESU transcript after graduation? studyingfortests 12 2,071 06-10-2022, 04:17 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Adding to transcript? Ideas 6 1,027 01-26-2022, 06:37 AM
  Should I grab a free associates degree if graduating same major bachelor degree? SlyToxicPanda 32 4,465 01-10-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: jsarles
  Associates Degree Conferral Question dhallfootball21 13 1,761 11-02-2021, 05:50 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Second Associates at TESU TwinMom 7 1,933 01-03-2021, 02:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Adding ASNSM Biology now to BSBA GM Plan possible with more ACE credits before March? elenlushk 16 2,399 12-27-2020, 02:30 PM
  Adding more degrees to current evaluation ajlm1984 3 919 12-18-2020, 02:43 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Getting an additional Associates Degree advice please collegechick 39 4,987 11-19-2020, 02:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore