Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Academic References - Grad School Applications
How are you guys handling academic references for graduate schools (particularly for those who are testing out fully)?
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
this is one of the reasons i'm considering taking some Info Sec classes at my local CC or some grad classes as a non-degree seeking student between the time I complete my bachelors and when I plan to apply for grad school.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

mednat Wrote:How are you guys handling academic references for graduate schools (particularly for those who are testing out fully)?

These are the questions that come later, and is one of the reasons why many of us tell new members to plan for their end game, not just quick or cheap.

I recommend finding a course with a professor/mentor that is respected in the industry you want to get into. You can then network with this instructor and get a LOR. I was able to do this through TESC, and received an excellent LOR from a seasoned executive.( I just put in an application recently, I'll let you know how it went.)

You can also do a course at your local college to transfer into your program, and you can then ask that professor for a recommendation, but either way, be prepared to earn that LOR.

Good luck!
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Med school - anyone interested? Well... bjcheung77 23 795 2 hours ago
Last Post: Stonybeach
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 17 2,852 09-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Quick, Cheap, Easy Academic Certificate kevinmane 11 3,237 09-10-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Elon Musk is opening a Montessori school in Texas this fall Charles Fout 22 1,720 08-09-2024, 11:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,350 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
Shocked The Secret of Why You Will NEVER Get Into an Ivy League School Part 2 LevelUP 10 1,429 06-27-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Admission to associate/bachelor programs without a high school diploma David1477 10 1,016 06-19-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 1,908 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  F in high school but 4.0 college gpa Spyrine 4 581 05-18-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: davewill
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 422 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP