Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALIGN Courses
The ALIGN courses are somewhat more pricier ($299 for a course and $76 for materials), but some of them are still cheaper than their UExcel counterparts. Have these courses been successfully transferred to TESC? Did a forum search and found that they used to be called DreamDegree.

Course Catalog - ALIGN Degree Services
My daughter transferred a course from them to TESC. It was on her ACE transcript.
a4tunatemom Wrote:My daughter transferred a course from them to TESC. It was on her ACE transcript.

Glad to hear that. May I know how does the difficulty level compare to that of a CLEP/DSST? Did she take the course before or after enrolling with TESC?
She took the course after she was enrolled with TESC. She wasn't into taking CLEPS so she doesn't have the experience to compare it to them. However, it was difficult compared to all the other courses she took at two community colleges and two four year colleges. The grading rubric was terrible. Long, time consuming assignments were worth only 4 points so the only grading options were perfect (4 out of 4) or a "C" (3 out of 4). She was always an "A" student and had never gotten a "C" on an assignment in her life so she was appalled. When she mentioned that during the course evaluation, she was told that others had expressed concerns as well and that they were thinking of changing things. She was not interested in ever taking a course with them again so she doesn't know if they did change things or not.
a4tunatemom Wrote:She took the course after she was enrolled with TESC. She wasn't into taking CLEPS so she doesn't have the experience to compare it to them. However, it was difficult compared to all the other courses she took at two community colleges and two four year colleges. The grading rubric was terrible. Long, time consuming assignments were worth only 4 points so the only grading options were perfect (4 out of 4) or a "C" (3 out of 4). She was always an "A" student and had never gotten a "C" on an assignment in her life so she was appalled. When she mentioned that during the course evaluation, she was told that others had expressed concerns as well and that they were thinking of changing things. She was not interested in ever taking a course with them again so she doesn't know if they did change things or not.

Thank you very much for your feedback. I checked the course syllabus for one of the courses I'm considering, and it seems like the 4 point scale is still in place. So, I think that's a no-no for me. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 3 483 Yesterday, 11:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,624 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 328 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,707 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,595 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 342 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,337 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Closed Sophia Courses BritStudent 5 492 07-10-2024, 06:16 PM
  Reasonably priced upper-division RA math courses Ivo Lah 5 571 06-18-2024, 11:20 AM
  ASU Universal Learner Courses vetvso 10 3,183 05-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Avidreader