Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACE inquiry
hey guys I have a quick question that I can't ask the employees at ACE since they are away until after the new year, I have a bunch of Straighter Line and ALEKS courses approved (none are in pending status) in ace now is there a time limit for when I have to order the transcript? or can I leave them there until I get enough of my courses done and ready to send in to TESU? I only ask primarily because I don't know whats going on with ALEKS. I'm hoping that I can just leave them there until I can hit my 90 credit limit before ordering a transcript and sending it in for Eval?
You can leave them until you have all of your credits completed.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
awesome, thanks
Just for clarification on the 90 credit limit, you can have more than 90 credits from ACE, just not from a single source like Straighterline.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Langdon Wrote:hey guys I have a quick question that I can't ask the employees at ACE since they are away until after the new year, I have a bunch of Straighter Line and ALEKS courses approved (none are in pending status) in ace now is there a time limit for when I have to order the transcript? or can I leave them there until I get enough of my courses done and ready to send in to TESU? I only ask primarily because I don't know whats going on with ALEKS. I'm hoping that I can just leave them there until I can hit my 90 credit limit before ordering a transcript and sending it in for Eval?

Your courses will "always" be logged on your ACE transcript. You can leave them there indefinitely. You can also order / send transcripts to any school at any time, and your ACE transcript still remains intact, in other words, requesting a transcript doesn't "move" them to TESU, rather TESU sees them on your ACE transcript and awards credit on your TESU transcript. If you changed your mind and later decided to enroll at University of ABC, you'd send them an ACE evaluation for consideration. They may or may not consider them - but they will not take them directly from TESU since TESU isn't the originator of the credit, ACE is (ALEKS / SL).
Also, just because ALEKS might no longer offer their courses as ACE-approved, does not mean that the credits you accumulated from them when the courses WERE ACE-approved expire as well. Once you earn credits, they are forever. Courses/Providers may come and go, but it only matters that you earned the credit when the course was ACE-approved.

I have old credits on my ACE account from many years ago, when the company gave ACE credit for some classes I took at work. The company does not give ACE credit any longer, and in fact is not associated with ACE at all - yet the were very helpful in getting my courses added to my ACE account 10+ years after the fact, with just a phone call. I took the classes when they were ACE-approved, and that's all that was necessary in getting the courses added to my transcript. And, TESU added all of them to my transcript, no questions asked.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ALEKS Course; ACE Knowledge Check Inquiry abs_co 11 3,841 05-12-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Application Requirements Inquiry bjcheung77 5 1,210 09-01-2021, 02:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Introduction, & Art of the Western World InstantCert course / study guide inquiry JSA 7 956 08-31-2012, 08:54 PM
Last Post: JSA
  Urgent inquiry about CLEP Mr.X 4 949 03-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Last Post: marianne202