Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for the pro's...
First, I'm a long time lurker first time poster, so Howdy!

Secondly, here's my situation: I am 67 hours into my degree. Assuming I pass the following DSST's/CLEP I should graduate end of next spring:
1) Rise & Fall of the USSR (Took it and waiting the results. This should be the week.)
2) Intro. to World Religions (currently studying for...)
3) Analyze & Interpret
4) English Lit.
5) American Lit.

The idea is that after World Religions the Literature CLEP's (coupeled with what I take in class) oughta be able to help round out the learning from the study guides.

Given all that did I do as my friend stated and pick every hard clep and dsst to do?

Thanks in advance.

~AR

P.S. Rise & Fall was an eye opener.
The only one of those five that I took is Analyzing & Interpreting Literature, and I would actually call it one of the easier exams. Others have said that World Religions is pretty easy too. But Rise & Fall of the USSR, from everything I've heard, is definitely one of the toughest, and the other two Literature exams are plenty tough too.

But when it all comes down, any exam is easy enough if you know the material, and plenty difficult if you don't.

-Gary-
I agree with Gary. Religions isn't hard and all the literature exams are doable if you are well read and have good understanding of what is being said. Good luck!
[COLOR="DimGray"]Intro to World Religions 68
Social Science and History 60
Principles of Statistics 60
Western Civilization I 58
Intro to Sociology 55
Astronomy 54
Technical Writing 54
Humanities 50
College Composition 50[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]C Programming - C
Electronic Instrumentation and Control - A
War and American Society - A
International Economics - A
Calculus II - B[/COLOR]
So is it common for DSST to send the test results to the School prior to the student? Reason I asked is because I called to schedule my World Religions test and my proctor congradulated me on passing Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (54).

Anywho, had to redo my list and remove A&I cause it won't count for what I need it to. Business Math here I come.

P.S. Anyone who is thinking about taking Rise and Fall should heed to the advice on here. This test was no joke.
Aye, usually the schools will get the results of a pen/paper before you will.

I took all of the exams you listed there with the exception of World Religions. All of them are doable as Gary and Larry have said. If anything, it's good that you got Rise and Fall out of the way, since that's been one of the most difficult (non-math) I took as well.

Use the IC flashcards, and definately check out the exam specific forums. The combination of those two, plus the resources that others have used in the past pretty much ensures a pass.

Best of luck to you
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 3,152 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,330 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  EdX MicroBachelors letter grade question cardiacclep 3 613 12-28-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Transferology question - how to find ACE and NCCRS? katsiki 4 546 10-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Question about Transferring Credits Nelson Lin 3 734 09-17-2022, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 2 1,199 08-24-2022, 03:41 PM
Last Post: sparkling
  ACTFL signup question(s) Insert Name 9 978 06-29-2022, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  ACTFL question Jennr2z 5 825 06-04-2022, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 62 7,431 04-23-2022, 02:32 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  ACTFL- silly question... uncapentin 10 1,139 02-22-2022, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore