Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
6 Month UMPI BA in Management for $3,222.
(10-02-2023, 10:42 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @FM1, you just need to make sure of a couple of things: 1) Max the certs, degree, experience trifecta by doing some certs that allow you more experience or knowledge from learning on Coursera.  2) Also make sure to transfer the max credits, you can transfer more than 90 credits in, but only 90 will be used for the degree, 30 must be done at UMPI.  And if you want, share your spreadsheet/template on your google/one drive and we can comment on it...

Thanks for your ongoing help! I've finally completed the first draft for a degree plan: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Management

Grateful for any feedback/advice.
@FM1, great job, nice template... having said that, it's missing the addendum with extra info that I usually look at, budget, commitments, etc...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-12-2023, 04:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 02:43 PM)dontbajerme Wrote: Just curious if there has been an update to this? I am new here, just joined today, and I am awed at this wealth of information (even though some of it is overwhelming). I stumbled upon all of this while looking into UoPeople, which I already thought was a well-kept secret, but this forum is a national treasure! Do you think 6 months is still a realistic goal for someone with a full-time job without it completely consuming every aspect of their life? 

& thank you to everyone who has participated on this forum thus far, I feel I will be continually stumbling upon valuable information over the coming months.  Heart

You should create a new thread with the addendum/template: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
Here's post 71, the first post of this page: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid404755

Thank you for the guidance! I will definitely do that!
(08-11-2021, 08:19 PM)TPG Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 04:40 PM)ashkir Wrote: Do you want a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration – Management & Leadership Concentration from UMPI with Weekends and Break time? This degree plan is very similar to my own, but, modified to maximize outside credits based upon my UMPI experience. Let's say you're going to start 100% from scratch starting the first Monday of May... This will take 7 months in total but only 6 months of work!

View my Smartsheet here: 
https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQB...340f80ed57

Your cost:
Sophia: $158 (2 months at $79 per month)
Study.com: $199 (1 month at $199 per month)
InstantCert: $65 ($15 exam fee x 3 + 1 month at $20)
UMPI: $2800 ($1400 per term/session, x 2 months) 

$3222

Notes: 
  • I do recommend taking English at UMPI, but if you time it along with your Sophia.org classes, there's no reason to spend time at UMPI on it.
  • Bio 105 is recommended to be taken at Study.com vs UMPI
  • I assume that it'd take you 3 days to finish a Sophia course and 30 days per Eng Comp
  • The dates do not count weekends and assumes you're starting the first Monday of May. 
  • Due to enrollment, you have a 1-month break, unless you finish 1.5 months ahead of time. I took a 1-month break myself between Sophia and UMPI.  
  • UMPI class dates are just placeholders, but just try to do 1 per week and you'd finish in one term. 
  • you can easily swap out Study.com or InstantCert classes and take them at UMPI instead, as you'd have 3 weeks to spare at UMPI so you can safely move 3 classes around.

Hey I have a quick question, I am going to be taking supply chain management so the concentration classes aren't going to be the same but my question is this: The business core classes are the same and there is one listed as PCJ215 Business Communications. I also need that (as its a core class) but I don't see it on your spreadsheet? Is that a sophia class I can take or... I was thinking it could be communications at work but that comes transfers at BUS210 Organizational Behavior so I am not sure...
is there an updated sheet?
cylent Wrote:is there an updated sheet?

Changes occur regularly, please review what I mentioned here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid410393

Thank you very much for the information. It's very useful.  Do you have a simular worksheet but for Bachelor of Arts - Accounting or Business Administration - Accounting Concentration?
JusW Wrote:Thank you very much for the information. It's very useful.  Do you have a simular worksheet but for Bachelor of Arts - Accounting or Business Administration - Accounting Concentration?

UMPI WIKI with plans (general education and specific degree plans): https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:UMPI

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Completed UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies-Managment minor Federicojavier 6 3,537 12-24-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12