Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 units prior to 8/2/24
I don't know much about this topic.  I am a community college educator who is helping a student in need.  The student needs 3 units of academic work (any 3 academic units) posted for the Summer semester in order to maintain athletic eligibility.  I'm guessing the work will need to be completed/posted by 8/2/24 since that's when the Summer semester ends here.  I'm not sure where to start or what options (if any) are available so any information or direction would be greatly appreciated.   Thank You
Do they need to complete the credits at their college or a college in general? This matters because ACE or CLEP may not help them if they need RA credit.
Thank you for the question. The three units just need to be able to transfer back into the community college. I don't think the college itself accepts CLEP but it would accept units from one of the schools that accept CLEP.
(07-24-2024, 05:41 PM)go_mustangs Wrote: Thank you for the question.  The three units just need to be able to transfer back into the community college.  I don't think the college itself accepts CLEP but it would accept units from one of the schools that accept CLEP.

So you want CLEP credits on a college transcript? If the community college doesn't accept CLEP credits, why would they accept them as transfer credit?
(07-24-2024, 05:57 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-24-2024, 05:41 PM)go_mustangs Wrote: Thank you for the question.  The three units just need to be able to transfer back into the community college.  I don't think the college itself accepts CLEP but it would accept units from one of the schools that accept CLEP.

So you want CLEP credits on a college transcript? If the community college doesn't accept CLEP credits, why would they accept them as transfer credit?
Please forgive me I'm incorrect, after digging deeper the college does accept CLEP credits.  Will the student be able to complete a CLEP exam prior to 8/2/24?
Basically, if the college accepts CLEP, quickly find an easy CLEP option, use the ModernStates.org website to 'review' the subject matter and get the voucher for the exam. Voila, a free option after you get reimbursed for the exam... You didn't indicate which college, if the college accepts ACE options, that would do, another thing to look at is, they may have internal challenge exams that may be 'easier'.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-24-2024, 06:16 PM)go_mustangs Wrote: Please forgive me I'm incorrect, after digging deeper the college does accept CLEP credits.  Will the student be able to complete a CLEP exam prior to 8/2/24?

That's a week from now. Have they already studied the material for any CLEP exam?
There may be some self-paced RA options as well, here is the wiki page for recommended sources - https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sources_of_Credit

CLEP may be low cost (Free through Modern States) but it is a pass or fail only option. That might be a problem for your student on such a limited timeline.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018