Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.”
IMHO,
Every citizen should obey the laws of the land. For fairness to all, Otherwise, it all gets out of balance.
How we choose to behave while here is more what this is about to me. What do you think?

“All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.” Orwell, George (1979)
"Four legs good, two legs better!"

Seeing some interest, am posting this new thread. I think every citizen and visitor to our country should obey the laws while here.

Is this about animals, or humans? and or behavior? Media favoritism, Political preference, special interest groups, lobbying, unfairness, the list goes on.....

This is not about creation to me, God/Universal Power created all of us, and Life put us where we are, and that was not fair. That is not what this is about. My apologies if you misunderstood the concept. The book summary is on wikipedia.
In my opinion, hate crime laws and affirmitive action would suggest than you and I aren't equal... assuming we're different color.
Our education level could make us a different class.

What if one of us lies and steals, and the other is truthful and honest?

These could affect every aspect also.

Add in gender, and age. This affects physical strength. These would make us different.
Popcorn Wrote:Every citizen should obey the laws of the land.
I disagree. :reddevil:
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

"To post or not to post, that is the question?" :leaving:
There are statistics out there that show that hate crime laws punish white males more than black males when white on black versus black on white violence occurs.
When a crime is committed why does it matter what color skin they had?

A black man buries an axe in a black man's skull.
A white man buries an axe in a white man's skull.
Now flip them around. Which one is worse?
They are both horrific and deserve the same sentence. Anything less is discriminatory.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
ryoder Wrote:They are both horrific and deserve the same sentence. Anything less is discriminatory.

Yep. Isn't every violent murder a "hate" crime?
OP,

I can't make sense of your post. It sounds like a lecture given by Gary Busey.

BA/Liberal Studies, TESC 2011
AAS/Applied Electronic Studies, TESC 2010

My original simple post - on another thread moved here to not hijack that one, in response to ongoing "I was mistreated" posts.
Every citizen should obey the laws of the land. Otherwise, it all gets out of balance.
“All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.” Orwell, George (1979)
Then others instantly posted opinions, I found very interesting. So I tried to cover what was posted there (not against religion) here.

(Sorry If it appeared vague. There are many longer rambling posts on the forum).

I came across the George Orwell book titled "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others". that to me, describes the other posts where some would like to be treated more equal/special than others. I included the "4 legs good, 2 legs are better" to clarify the book.

Justice is supposed to be blind, but sadly many organizations are not. The media is full of how "special treatment" is being given out.
I don't think it is fair that the banks and big money got the bailouts, without the taxpayers having a specific vote for that.
Ford Company already repaid loaned money back, with interest. That shows respect for the taxpayer. Respect goes a long way.

Seems like a large number of people everywhere are in a high state of awareness, including me. Fortunately, I don't have to make people obey the law, the law takes care of that when necessary.

Let me re-phrase my statements.
I think every citizen should enter the country legally, and show that you know how to show some respect for others.
Any person here should obey the US laws here because you can save yourself a lot of hassle.
Not to worry non-citizens - they are already counting your future money. Current Taxpayers can rest assured new money is arriving.
Soldiers are forgiven for what they have to do in times of war, and this is in the bible.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not all degrees are equal burbuja0512 9 1,891 04-07-2014, 10:49 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Losing does not equal the loss of democracy blu2blu 8 1,597 03-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Farmerboy
  Study: Chimps equal college students at mental math ability BMWGuinness 0 1,437 12-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Last Post: BMWGuinness