Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Guide to Jesuit Colleges
A Guide to Jesuit Colleges

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-co...t-colleges

There are 27 Jesuit colleges and universities across the U.S. for students seeking this type of Catholic education.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • Charles Fout, SophiaPrincess
Regis University, Colorado is a Sophia partner with reasonable tuition for a private college. Georgetown University has an open admissions SCS division with $400/ credit hour tuition but they don't accept NA or ACE accredited courses.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SophiaPrincess's post:
  • LevelUP
Our Holy Father is a Jesuit. I love the story of his first encounter with a young Swiss Guard.

"Pope Francis prepares sandwich for Swiss Guard outside his bedroom
by Pino Corrias

A few days ago, at dawn, the time the Pope wakes up, he came out to the corridor, and he found in front of his door the sentry, a Swiss Guard standing with his halberd at attention.

He asked him: “And what are you doing here? Have you been up all night?”

"Yes," replied the guard with deference and a bit surprised.

"On your feet?"

"Your Holiness, my duty since I took over from my companion."

"And aren’t you tired?"

"It’s my duty Your Holiness; I should watch for your safety."

Pope Francis looked at him again with kindness, went back to his suite and after a minute he came out carrying a chair: "At least sit down and rest."

The guard rolled his eyes and answered: “Santo Padre, forgive me, but I cannot! The regulations do not allow that."

"The regulations?"

"Orders from my captain, Your Holiness."

The Pope smiled, "Oh, really? Well, I'm the Pope and I order you to sit down."

So, caught between the regulations and the Pope, the Swiss Guard (so much for the halberd) chose the chair.

The Pope returned to his apartment.

After a couple of minutes, the Pope came back to the Swiss Guard, still obediently seated on the chair, carrying “panino con marmellata” (Italian bread with jam) which he had prepared. Before the soldier could say anything, the Holy Father, exhibiting his Argentinean smile, told the Swiss Guard, “With all the hours spent standing on guard you must be a bit hungry.” The Swiss Guard had no time to object because the Pope right away wished him a good bite: "Bon appetit, brother."

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/pope-fran...om.539952/

In addition to the Jesuit institutions, there are many other Catholic Colleges and Universities in the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ca...ted_States. <3
Chief Petty Officer
United States Navy (Retired)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Charles Fout's post:
  • LevelUP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation How many colleges and universities have closed since 2016? Ares 0 186 03-25-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Ares
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 354 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 211 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Newsweek: America's Top Online Colleges 2024 Ares 6 566 02-14-2024, 06:48 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  We Have Moved on From the Basic “Big 3” Colleges and Now Have CBE Big 3 and Others LevelUP 57 7,338 11-14-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Religious Colleges ss20ts 33 3,947 11-10-2023, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  The Top U.S. Colleges for Partying LevelUP 1 309 10-06-2023, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Almost no one pays college sticker prices. Colleges are getting real about tution. LevelUP 0 359 10-06-2023, 05:14 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Colleges that Accept Validential adrian052 10 1,097 09-26-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  West Virginia University to merge two colleges... bjcheung77 0 551 07-01-2023, 01:34 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77