Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts) - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Pierpont and other Associates Degrees (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Pierpont-and-other-Associates-Degrees)
+--- Thread: Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts) (/Thread-Pierpont-BOG-AAS-Update-Re-Transcripts)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts) - Suspiria - 03-23-2021

I've been in the process of getting my transcripts sent to Pierpont for the BOG AAS. I sent my final transcript over a week ago and a few days later I couldn't log in to ROAR. According to the help desk, they deactivated my account because I haven't been enrolled.

Has anyone else had this happen?

RE: Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts) - rachel83az - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 12:59 PM)Suspiria Wrote: I've been in the process of getting my transcripts sent to Pierpont for the BOG AAS. I sent my final transcript over a week ago and a few days later I couldn't log in to ROAR. According to the help desk, they deactivated my account because I haven't been enrolled.

Did you complete the forms that were in your Pierpont email? You should have an email or two that welcomes you and with PDF attachments that you're supposed to print out, fill in, and email back.

(03-23-2021, 01:10 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 12:59 PM)Suspiria Wrote: I've been in the process of getting my transcripts sent to Pierpont for the BOG AAS. I sent my final transcript over a week ago and a few days later I couldn't log in to ROAR. According to the help desk, they deactivated my account because I haven't been enrolled.

Did you complete the forms that were in your Pierpont email? You should have an email or two that welcomes you and with PDF attachments that you're supposed to print out, fill in, and email back.
Hmm.
I never got those emails. I heard from someone on here that theirs was in the spam folder, but it wasn't for me. I did have an email from Nancy Parks asking for the attached admissions form and to send it back. I emailed her about the form and requested for her to send it to me or direct me to it and she just told me to "disregard the request for the admissions form."

I guess I have some more contacting to do.

RE: Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts) - ctcarl - 03-23-2021

As Rachel points out, you may have missed (as I originally did) that page three of your enrollment letter (a redacted sample is attached) lists your obligations as they relate to your enrollment.

While I don't think that they require the MMR Proof of Immuniziation, I suspect that if they don't get your high school transcript, they will rescind your provisional enrollment as spelled out in the letter.

Purging inactive student accounts is a constant nightmare for any college, so my guess is they do it sooner rather than later at Pierpont.

I attached my "unofficial" (but verifiable) GED transcript in lieu of a HS transcript/diploma and that was sufficient. I'm glad that worked because getting an official pre-2005 (I think) GED is pretty ridiculous as far as difficulty goes. AFAIK, it's easier if you're on the newer system.

(03-23-2021, 02:02 PM)ctcarl Wrote:

As Rachel points out, you may have missed (as I originally did) that page three of your enrollment letter (a redacted sample is attached) lists your obligations as they relate to your enrollment.

While I don't think that they require the MMR Proof of Immuniziation, I suspect that if they don't get your high school transcript, they will rescind your provisional enrollment as spelled out in the letter.

Purging inactive student accounts is a constant nightmare for any college, so my guess is they do it sooner rather than later at Pierpont.
Thanks for the info. Where did you send your high school transcript to? Did you receive a form in your Pierpont email to attach it to?

I see in my paper letter it says to send a high school transcript and a Board of Governor's application. I didn't know where to send these and I didn't get anything in my email. When I contacted Nancy Parks, there may have been a miscommunication because she told me to disregard that and send in all college transcripts so she could do a degree audit. 

I hope I can reinstate my account and continue the process.

I sent everything requested in the letter to admit@pierpont.edu They have a phone number if you want to call them about getting reinstated: https://www.pierpont.edu/admissions

RE: Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts) - ctcarl - 03-24-2021

(03-23-2021, 05:44 PM)Suspiria Wrote: Thanks for the info. Where did you send your high school transcript to? Did you receive a form in your Pierpont email to attach it to?

I see in my paper letter it says to send a high school transcript and a Board of Governor's application. I didn't know where to send these and I didn't get anything in my email. When I contacted Nancy Parks, there may have been a miscommunication because she told me to disregard that and send in all college transcripts so she could do a degree audit. 

I hope I can reinstate my account and continue the process.

I have sent high school transcripts to: Admissions, Pierpont Community College, 1201 Locust Ave, Fairmont, WV 26554.

I had the same experience with the "BOG application".  I could not find it anywhere, and when I emailed Nancy Parks, she said that she already had me as an "advisee", so no further action was necessary.  I remember at the time, Rachel had related that she had to complete and send the form in order to complete her enrollment process.  But she was a month or so ahead of me, so the process may have changed.

I did notice that after Pierpont received my HS transcript, an additional section appeared in ROAR, at the bottom of my Unofficial Transcript, a screencap of which is attached.  But I'm not sure if that was a result of receipt of the HS transcript or my graduation application, so take that for whatever it's worth.

RE: Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts) - NoStudentNoCry - 03-26-2021

(11-20-2020, 04:58 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The degree audit doesn't show exactly what went into that concentration. It only lists core and then 39 hours of electives. What I have under electives:

ASU:
Human Origins - 3 credits
Astronomy - 3 credits
Western Civilization - 3 credits

ASU's astronomy class came in as 4 credits for me.

RE: Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts) - eriehiker - 03-27-2021

Does Pierpont list the fourth credit as a one credit lab or four credits all together?