Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts) - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Pierpont and other Associates Degrees (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Pierpont-and-other-Associates-Degrees)
+--- Thread: Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts) (/Thread-Pierpont-BOG-AAS-Update-Re-Transcripts)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts) - jch - 02-21-2021

(02-21-2021, 11:00 PM)Julie S. Wrote: I remember previously on the forum reading about West Virginia Northern Community College offering the BOG AAS. I just started looking into it again for a family member and then saw this thread. Is there any difference between NCC and PierPont? Advantage of one or the other?
Thanks,
Julie

Many of these West Virginia community colleges offer a BOG AAS. The difference with Pierpont is that they will issue the degree even if you do not take any classes through them. They do not appear to have any credit residency requirement.

RE: Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts) - dfrecore - 02-22-2021

(02-21-2021, 11:08 PM)jch Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 11:00 PM)Julie S. Wrote: I remember previously on the forum reading about West Virginia Northern Community College offering the BOG AAS. I just started looking into it again for a family member and then saw this thread. Is there any difference between NCC and PierPont? Advantage of one or the other?
Thanks,
Julie

Many of these West Virginia community colleges offer a BOG AAS. The difference with Pierpont is that they will issue the degree even if you do not take any classes through them. They do not appear to have any credit residency requirement.

I got the BOG AAS degree from WVNCC back when they didn't require residency.  But they changed it soon thereafter, and I think Pierpont is your only option now.

RE: Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts) - Julie S. - 02-22-2021

Thank you, jch and dfrecore! I did contact Nancy Parks today, so Pierpont, here we come!!

RE: Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts) - ashkir - 02-24-2021

Is anyone graduating with this in May? My boyfriend transferred everything, they requested something from a college that no longer exists, so I'm hoping they can forgive that. I'm trying t figure out how to get transcripts from a college that no longer exists.

RE: Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts) - Julie S. - 02-24-2021

(02-24-2021, 10:26 PM)ashkir Wrote: Is anyone graduating with this in May? My boyfriend transferred everything, they requested something from a college that no longer exists, so I'm hoping they can forgive that. I'm trying t figure out how  to get transcripts from a college that no longer exists.

From the ed.gov website:  Transcripts from Closed Schools

How do I obtain a copy of my transcript from a college that is closed?
When schools close, the generally accepted practice is for the school to make arrangements with the state-licensing agency to store their records. If you are trying to locate your academic records from a closed school, you should contact the state licensing agency in the state in which the school was located to ask whether the state made arrangements to store the records. Information about financial aid and closed schools is also available.

Check with your state's education department for more information.

RE: Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts) - rachel83az - 03-03-2021

Question for Pierpont students: Does your student ID start with the first letter of your first name or does it start with another letter? If it starts with another letter, what is it and when did you enroll? Super curious about something!

RE: Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts) - StoicJ - 03-03-2021

(03-03-2021, 07:32 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Question for Pierpont students: Does your student ID start with the first letter of your first name or does it start with another letter? If it starts with another letter, what is it and when did you enroll? Super curious about something!

My name starts with J. My ID starts with R.

RE: Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts) - msllaneous - 03-15-2021

My last name begins with S and my id number begins with R.

RE: Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts) - NoStudentNoCry - 03-15-2021

(03-03-2021, 07:32 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Question for Pierpont students: Does your student ID start with the first letter of your first name or does it start with another letter?

My student ID starts with R - neither my first name, nor my last name even contain R.

RE: Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts) - rachel83az - 03-16-2021

So it seems like everyone gets an R-number. I thought that there was a different numbering scheme but it appears not. Smile