Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
I just got a new job! :) - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Off-Topic)
+--- Thread: I just got a new job! :) (/Thread-I-just-got-a-new-job)

Pages: 1 2 3

I just got a new job! :) - LaterBloomer - 02-20-2014

Wow! That sounds fascinating. Congratulations, and enjoy the heck out it.

I just got a new job! :) - hicandle - 02-20-2014

Way to go!

I just got a new job! :) - EI2HCB - 02-20-2014

Jennifer, Now your next book is going to be on cooking / nutrition experiments Smile I'm delighted for you, after all those years of studying and homeschooling and community college teaching. You've arrived at the Starting point on another interesting Journey, as we say in Ireland, May the road rise to meet you!

I just got a new job! :) - ironheadjack - 02-20-2014

Congrats!!!

I just got a new job! :) - Lindagerr - 02-20-2014

Congratulations!! Is a full time job? Don't underestimate yourself you have done so much I am sure you will do well at this.

I just got a new job! :) - nleamons - 02-20-2014

Congrats, I wish you, the best in your new occupation!

I just got a new job! :) - burbuja0512 - 02-20-2014

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! You've always been so helpful and such an inspiration to everyone here. I know you'll kick butt and take names!!! Congrats and can't wait to hear more about it!!!!

I just got a new job! :) - cookderosa - 02-21-2014

thank you everyone for the kudos! To answer questions- this is a PART time job (I'm a homeschooling mommy first) but things might get interesting this summer.
Also, I wanted to add, that they were INCREDIBLY thorough when I applied. They spoke with my former employer AND my thesis advisor! They did a criminal and credit background check. (???) Seems like a lot to invest in my little job, but I'm excited none the less!

I just got a new job! :) - Prloko - 02-21-2014

cookderosa Wrote:thank you everyone for the kudos! To answer questions- this is a PART time job (I'm a homeschooling mommy first) but things might get interesting this summer.
Also, I wanted to add, that they were INCREDIBLY thorough when I applied. They spoke with my former employer AND my thesis advisor! They did a criminal and credit background check. (???) Seems like a lot to invest in my little job, but I'm excited none the less!

Excellent job! I love this forum. There are so many success stories. Inspiring.

I just got a new job! :) - burbuja0512 - 02-21-2014

cookderosa Wrote:thank you everyone for the kudos! To answer questions- this is a PART time job (I'm a homeschooling mommy first) but things might get interesting this summer.

Part time will be even better!!! You'll have the best of both worlds and your kids will learn from your example both at home and in an AMAZING job!!

Regarding the background check, I think it's just standard at most places. I had to go through all that too for my upcoming job. I was told that the credit check wasn't to check my credit score, it was to see if there was fraud - more than anything to help me, but also since I'll have signing authority on more than 5k. They said that they didn't care if I had good or bad credit, just wanted to make sure that there wasn't anyone out there pretending to be me. The HR lady also told me that it's actually really helpful.. she doesn't usually see fraud, but when she does, it doesn't mean they won't hire you - it means that they'll let you know that someone else is using your identity and try to help you fix it. No clue if it's the same at your new job, just thought I'd mention it.