Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Brag moment-15 yr DD passed her first CLEP today - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Brag moment-15 yr DD passed her first CLEP today (/Thread-Brag-moment-15-yr-DD-passed-her-first-CLEP-today)

Pages: 1 2

Brag moment-15 yr DD passed her first CLEP today - FlameLeaf-Nefarious - 10-18-2011

Just wanted to brag for a minute.

Today my 15 yr old dd passed Intro to Sociology, her first CLEP test. She has other credits but not due to CLEPS. I am just thrilled for her.

My 17 yr old DS took the Sociology clep about 3 weeks ago and passed also. Thrilled for him too.

These forums are great! Feed-back is just invaluable!

Now on to studying for their next test.

Brag moment-15 yr DD passed her first CLEP today - burbuja0512 - 10-18-2011

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! That is awesome and congrats to them both!!! The only thing better than passing a CLEP is seeing your child pass one. Great job Smile

Brag moment-15 yr DD passed her first CLEP today - ryoder - 10-19-2011

Awesome! I think its great that kids are taking these at 15 years of age! I am trying to get my family members on board with my nieces and nephews.

Brag moment-15 yr DD passed her first CLEP today - rebel100 - 10-19-2011

Well Done! Congrats to both of them. Smile

Brag moment-15 yr DD passed her first CLEP today - a4tunatemom - 10-19-2011

Congratulations to both of you!!!!

Danielle

Brag moment-15 yr DD passed her first CLEP today - Gooberman11 - 10-19-2011

Congrats!!!! We are prepping for Sociology now (ages 14 and maybe 13year old). Any tips for the younger crowd learning this subject?? Was IC all you used?

Brag moment-15 yr DD passed her first CLEP today - FlameLeaf-Nefarious - 10-19-2011

Amen to that burbuja, my DD says that she thinks I was more excited than her.

burbuja0512 Wrote:WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! That is awesome and congrats to them both!!! The only thing better than passing a CLEP is seeing your child pass one. Great job Smile

Brag moment-15 yr DD passed her first CLEP today - FlameLeaf-Nefarious - 10-19-2011

Thanks for the congrats, I will pass them on.

For the younger crowd, what we did was go over IC cards really well, take lots of tests. Though the main thing I think I stress to the kids, is not just to read the information but to WRITE it also. I believe that's what really concretes the info into their brains. Lots of note taking.

I left feedback for each child in the specific exam section on the different websites that we used. I'd be glad to pass the sites on to you if you're not a subscriber, just let me know.
Also when doing the REA test, to go over the reasons for the correct and incorrect answers, I really think that helps a lot.

Good luck to your children, the test is doable with enough prep.

Gooberman11 Wrote:Congrats!!!! We are prepping for Sociology now (ages 14 and maybe 13year old). Any tips for the younger crowd learning this subject?? Was IC all you used?

Brag moment-15 yr DD passed her first CLEP today - NAP - 10-19-2011

This is wonderful!!! Congratulations to all of you!!!

Brag moment-15 yr DD passed her first CLEP today - STG - 10-19-2011

Congrats!!