Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where to take information literacy
sorry starting new posting. i was waiting for excelsier to approve penn foster but got email today they won't accept information literacy from penn foster. now where can i take 1 credit? i checked lsu as mentioned in one of posting but could not find course. where else can i do it? Excelsier one these days start at particular time, next one in in april. i can't wait till then. please if anyone has info on it let me know.
I don't know what the time problem is? I started Information Literacy on a Monday and had graduated from the class the next day. Schedule it in with the rest of your plan and just do it, it's really no big deal. I hope this helps. Smile
BA Liberal Arts in 2014 from Excelsior College. (Took 25 tests)
Certificate in Writing in 2018 from University of Washington.
Current: MA in Humanities from American Public University.
Have 180 hour TEFL/TESOL Advanced Cert from TEFL HERO.
Member of World Genius Directory. IQ 148 SD 15/IQ 151 SD 16.
As you know, your advisor is there to help you. If Excelsior will not take PF and they don't have a class beginning for several months, ask your advisor how to solve the problem. S/he should be able to tell where you can find a class that Excelsior will accept and that will meet your needs.
what is this deal that Excelsior does not take Penn Foster anymore? is that true? does not make sense to me. If that were the case they would not take Straighterline either as the acceptance is based on ACE credit recommendation
We really do need more info about the current EC/Penn Foster/ACE situation. Other enrolled members of the forum seem to be planning to take PF courses and I assume it is with EC approval. It's very confusing and concerning.

Here is the LSU course - Library Research Methods and Materials

https://is.lsu.edu/coursefactsheet.asp?n...&Version=Z

Also, I think you could still get into the EC Info Lit course for January or March.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
thanks everyone! my advisor told me to wait till middle of jan when I contacted her in december. i should have done right then without waiting. but well... after seeing post about it here, I contacted her and she told me, from this jan first they will not accept PF information lit, they still approve other courses i guess. this is my last one and there was no way i was going to wait 2 months. I wrote again today and they told me to sign up for ec information literature 390$ jan-feb. anyway! my bad luck. I thought it is 1 credit, i can do anytime, kept till last minute and now, it is 2 months course and at heavy price.
When I took Info Lit at EC, it was an extremely flexible self-paced course. It was possible to sign-up late in the 8 week term, work through it over a few days time and be done.

According to this chart, you can sign-up for Info Lit at EC for the January term as late as January 27th. You will have until March 3rd to finish it on time.

Course Term Dates & Deadlines

Here is my feedback (scroll down) on the course to give you an idea what to expect:

http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...#post75628

Others have completed it much faster than I did. If you complete it early and need your credit sooner than the beginning of March, ask your advisor for some assistance.

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*

If you requested approval for Penn Foster Info Lit before the policy changed, can you appeal for approval now or ask for a discount on the EC course?

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 1,013 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 1,548 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  Distance Learning Information and Conversation Discord Server ThatBankDude 5 824 06-28-2023, 08:35 PM
Last Post: xianbd
  Alternatives for basic computer and information literacy dscat 7 829 02-28-2023, 10:23 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Thank you for the many years of useful information vetvso 2 500 09-25-2022, 04:29 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Legitimacy of "US Dept of Edu Student Information Center" FrHaseKopf 4 867 06-14-2022, 08:31 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Northwestern State competency based - BS in Computer Information Systems nyvrem 13 1,945 08-10-2021, 09:23 PM
Last Post: gams007
  How valid is all this information for International Students? Geta 13 1,813 08-24-2020, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Geta
  FIU Executive Certificate in Information Operations and Policy Innovation, $395 Life Long Learning 0 600 06-15-2020, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  University for Information Technology? shamin 9 1,796 03-18-2019, 01:12 PM
Last Post: shamin