Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tesu general elective
I completed straighterline's medical terminology and intro to business. They told me that I can't use it to fulfill my general elective, nor for the remaining GMS Elective Area

I'm pursuina a BSBA

would Business Stats do the trick? I thought I could use anything for a general elective Sad
You could use anything for a free elective, but general education electives have to come from arts and sciences subjects.
What are the courses you have in your free electives? Could you do a switch?
If your Business Stats is from ALEKS, it will come in as STA-201 and should count as your Math credit (College Algebra counts as Quantitative Literacy).
If you have Saylor Business Stats, it counts as OPM-351 and is an upper level operations management course, so not a general ed elective.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:You could use anything for a free elective, but general education electives have to come from arts and sciences subjects.
What are the courses you have in your free electives? Could you do a switch?
If your Business Stats is from ALEKS, it will come in as STA-201 and should count as your Math credit (College Algebra counts as Quantitative Literacy).
If you have Saylor Business Stats, it counts as OPM-351 and is an upper level operations management course, so not a general ed elective.

Are there any Straighterline courses that you know of that will fulfill the Gen ed? I thought medical terminology is science-related. What about cultural anthropology? Or us gov 1 & 2...wuod these be ok?

I'm taking business stats through straighterline to fulfill my final business requirements. I didn't take biz stats yet
creditmonsoon Wrote:Are there any Straighterline courses that you know of that will fulfill the Gen ed? I thought medical terminology is science-related. What about cultural anthropology? Or us gov 1 & 2...wuod these be ok?

I'm taking business stats through straighterline to fulfill my final business requirements. I didn't take biz stats yet

Intro to Business and Medical Terminology are both Free Electives, always at TESU.

For SL courses that are Gen Eds, there are plenty. Cultural Anthropology will work, as will any history course.

SL's Business Stats comes in as STA-201, and is a Gen Ed and required for the degree. Saylor's Business Stats will count in the AOS for General Management, but as a Free Elective for any other BSBA concentration. It just doesn't have anywhere to go for those.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
KayV Wrote:You could use anything for a free elective, but general education electives have to come from arts and sciences subjects.

Just a note - TESU doesn't really use "arts and sciences" in their terminology. I know for sure EC does. TESU usually refers to Gen Ed Electives, or breaks them down by Social Sciences, Humanities, and Natural Sciences/Math.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
SL Cultural Anthropology and US History I and II would work for general education electives.

Of course you're right, Dfrecore. I was using Excelsior terminology in a TESU post. :o
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
KayV Wrote:SL Cultural Anthropology and US History I and II would work for general education electives.

Of course you're right, Dfrecore. I was using Excelsior terminology in a TESU post. :o

Not criticizing you, just didn't want anyone to be confused! :p
TESU did not accept my Study.com Special Education as a Gen Ed! Is this not considered a Gen Ed worthy course?
yb1 Wrote:TESU did not accept my Study.com Special Education as a Gen Ed! Is this not considered a Gen Ed worthy course?

Nope, those education courses are Free Electives. We've talked about it on other threads recently.
I asked Study.com to indicate that on their TESU guidelines and they have put in "free elective" as of this morning.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,011 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,678 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,134 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,670 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,747 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,365 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,611 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,340 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,398 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,875 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore