Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<gasp> Masters CBE options at U of Phoenix!
(03-08-2021, 03:50 AM)rachel83az Wrote: They're RA? Huh, I could've sworn that they were NA. But, yeah, they've certainly got a terrible reputation. I'm surprised that they were able to keep their RA status with how they were acting. I don't pretend to know everything that was going on but I would agree that you shouldn't go to University of Phoenix unless you have no other choice. Even then, you should seriously reconsider.

I agree. Considering how many flexible, affordable, online options there are now, there isn't really any reason to get a degree from there when you can get one cheaper from other schools that have a much better reputation.

I've known a few people who went to UPhoenix years ago on deployments using military TA when there weren't many distance options, so I don't blame them, but now there are better ways.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
I guess if you want to earn a degree solely for personal satisfaction and Phoneix best meets your needs (like say a retired person who doesn't plan on entering the workforce again) then a Univesity of Phoneix degree is fine. But for any other circumstance, I think there are better options, in terms of cost and reputation.
(03-08-2021, 11:03 AM)natshar Wrote: I guess if you want to earn a degree solely for personal satisfaction and Phoneix best meets your needs (like say a retired person who doesn't plan on entering the workforce again) then a Univesity of Phoneix degree is fine. But for any other circumstance, I think there are better options, in terms of cost and reputation.

Even then, you could spin until you're dizzy and then throw a rock with a blindfold on and still hit a better school choice than the University of Phoenix.
[-] The following 3 users Like eLearner's post:
  • Muldoon, rachel83az, ss20ts
(03-08-2021, 11:42 AM)eLearner Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 11:03 AM)natshar Wrote: I guess if you want to earn a degree solely for personal satisfaction and Phoneix best meets your needs (like say a retired person who doesn't plan on entering the workforce again) then a Univesity of Phoneix degree is fine. But for any other circumstance, I think there are better options, in terms of cost and reputation.

Even then, you could spin until you're dizzy and then throw a rock with a blindfold on and still hit a better school choice than the University of Phoenix.

If they were cheaper, I'd consider them for transfer credits, but that's about it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes monchevy's post:
  • rachel83az
(03-07-2021, 06:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: So, I was updating my records with University of Phoenix, I wanted to see if they still offer a BS in Environmental Science...
I came across their site and noticed they now offer relatively quick Masters (MBA, MHA, MIS) programs for about $10/11K...

The BS EVS is the only program I am intersted in at the Bachelors Level: https://www.phoenix.edu/degrees/sciences...s-evs.html
They are a cheaper/easier/faster option than some smaller non CBE based degree providers, if you can get past their reputation, this is an alright price.

Why are looking at a BS in environmental science?
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
I'm not, just updating my list. IF I ever wanted a freebie UOPX degree, that would be the one... and then maybe a freebie degree elsewhere might be better if I can get any freebies... I've got mixed feelings for UOPX, a few family/friends have a degree from them and even a couple of board members. Heck, it took me a while to actually get this DF member off UOPX, he went for the Associates in Business Admin (just because it has ACBSP!) and the Bachelors in Business Admin from them, I now have him working the Purdue Global MBA Exceltrack instead, otherwise he would still be with them today...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-08-2021, 08:52 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I'm not, just updating my list.  IF I ever wanted a freebie UOPX degree, that would be the one... and then maybe a freebie degree elsewhere might be better if I can get any freebies...  I've got mixed feelings for UOPX, a few family/friends have a degree from them and even a couple of board members.  Heck, it took me a while to actually get this DF member off UOPX, he went for the Associates in Business Admin (just because it has ACBSP!) and the Bachelors in Business Admin from them, I now have him working the Purdue Global MBA Exceltrack instead, otherwise he would still be with them today...

Okay, you're interested in it but not LOOKING at it  Tongue   

I was just curious as to why YOU would be interested in going through the work required for a BS in environmental science. I don't know how much you could transfer in, but I'm guessing you'd need to complete something like 10 major-specific courses?

I mean, I'm working on a bachelor degree in religious studies, but it's not like I am religious or looking to ever work in a field where a religious studies degree would be useful. It's just something I am interested in.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
(03-08-2021, 12:24 AM)eLearner Wrote: Oh, for cripe's sake. Don't go to University of Phoenix. I'm pretty liberal when it comes to school choices, but even I can't support this one.

Their reputation is STILL in the toilet. Many people crack jokes about the place. They really feel that it's not a real college. I don't know how they'll ever change people's minds. I don't know how they have survived considering how EXPENSIVE they are. They're waaaaaay overpriced. They have Bentley prices for a Yugo education. 
[-] The following 4 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • eLearner, jch, rachel83az, yrot21
(03-09-2021, 11:42 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 12:24 AM)eLearner Wrote: Oh, for cripe's sake. Don't go to University of Phoenix. I'm pretty liberal when it comes to school choices, but even I can't support this one.

Their reputation is STILL in the toilet. Many people crack jokes about the place. They really feel that it's not a real college. I don't know how they'll ever change people's minds. I don't know how they have survived considering how EXPENSIVE they are. They're waaaaaay overpriced. They have Bentley prices for a Yugo education. 

Them and DeVry. You'd think they would have learned to take the predatory pricing down a notch or three after all the negative attention. But no.
I came across this degree again today (an ad) and I was trying to figure out how exactly this is a CBE program?!? I mean, it screams regular old degree to me.

I feel like they created these 4 "CBE" degrees just to have that on their website when people searched for those words, and weren't sure what a CBE degree was. To sucker them in...
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 268 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 491 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 263 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,094 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 2,973 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,617 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 520 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  Analysis paralysis options jb111 5 426 02-13-2024, 11:49 AM
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 1,587 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Summary of ENEB Masters in Big Data and Business Intelligence Pinko64 4 1,133 02-04-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: housecat