Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
credit laundering in Texas
We've always had all CBE transfer. I agree with you, I don't think it all has to transfer. But it seems like once they stop thinking about it as CBE, they just take it.

There is one point missing: A core complete student at a community college may have to take additional core courses after transferring to a university. An A.A. requires 3 core math hours. A B.A. requires 6 core math hours. The additional 3 hours must be taken. Better to take them at the community college and transfer them. Even better, get an A.S. instead of the A.A. because an A.S. has a math core requirement of more than one course. It better protects multiple math core courses in a transfer situation.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
This link, Common Transfer Credit Issues - Credit by Exam, listed previously, is both succinct and comprehensive.

I've now seen CBE transfer from community college to community college, from community college to a university, from a university to a community college. The only time it doesn't work is when an electronic transcript is sent and the receiving institution prints it. When printed, the electronic transcript doesn't normally show the CBE. Once a paper transcript is provided or an IT person opens the EDI file (good luck making that happen, but sometimes you can), the CBE does get processed. Just be sure when speaking to the staff that you refer to the credits as transfer credits. Once you say CLEP, they try to refer your to their CLEP person. For credit laundering to work, the credits are transfer credits, not CLEP credits.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
72 CLEP U.S. History I
470 DSST Statistics
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
Thanks for providing everyone with this info. I might use CTC to launder credits to SAC where I've taken most of my CC courses. Then, I won't have to worry about spending more money to reach CTC's 16 credit residency.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Transferred credits do not fulfill residency requirements. Online courses do. To fulfill residency requirements, you must have paid tuition for the course. Residency really means that you paid tuition.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
72 CLEP U.S. History I
470 DSST Statistics
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
I think you misunderstood. I have the residency requirements at SAC, but not at CTC. However, CTC has more liberal CBE policies. My intention is to use CTC to transcribe tests and then transfer them over to SAC. That way, I'm not stuck taking more courses to meet the residency requirement at CTC trying to get the same degree that I could get at SAC.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Thanks fgr the clarification. Central Texas College may have the most liberal CBE policies in Texas, which is expected considering how they cater not only to Ft. Hood but to all U.S. military people wherever they are serving.

I'm aware of a situation where a student has about 90 community college hours because of liberal CBE policies, which is well beyond the limit of transferring 66 hours to a university. But 27 of those hours are eligible for direct CLEP and DSST credit at a particular university. So, get 27 hours of direct CBE, transfer 63 hours, then complete the required 30 hours in residence to get the B.A. degree. With transfer and CBE directly awarded by a university, a student could start with 90 hours.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
72 CLEP U.S. History I
470 DSST Statistics
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
That's interesting. I'm almost done with a master's, but I'll pass this information on to some of my coworkers who want to finish school. I could not convince my sister to take any CBEs. She won't even take online or community college courses. However, she did take some AP tests in high school. I'm just interested in getting an associates in biology or some other science.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 1,715 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 2,166 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 300 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 824 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 736 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 523 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 596 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  2D Cad/Technical Drawing Credit Eligible Courses flamewerks 0 351 10-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: flamewerks
  Cheap-ish (Biblical) Hebrew and Greek credit rachel83az 7 703 08-22-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Library2HospitalChaplain
  Would you drive 1,000+ miles to earn free college credit? bjcheung77 13 1,367 05-16-2023, 07:32 AM