Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Withdrawl & can't find a fix...
I'm going through massive withdrawl right now. I've been out of class for 1.5 months, and won't be able to start my next educational endeavour until (hopefully) Jan, maybe Feb, depending on how the APU handles things.

I'm so bored now... I don't have anything I can pick up and run with that will ultimately affect my degree progress (which is almost a necessity for me... I tend not to enjoy frivolous schooling as much as stuff that 'counts' towards a degree) and I'm just bouncing off the walls.

I'm an ADHD OCD Virgo, so I'm super goal oriented and oh, shiny! Oh, wait, where was I?... Tongue I can't even relax and enjoy the downtime knowing what kind of load I'm going to be carrying in the new year with work, teaching, school, and family. Sigh.

Maybe I'll pick up a VESI course or two :reddevil:

:leaving:
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
What is a VESI course?
A.S. General Transfer Chattanooga State 2009
B.S.L.A. Thomas Edison State College June 7, 2013
33 CLEP
18 DSST
frankiebleyes Wrote:What is a VESI course?

One of these?

Online Teacher Education :: Courses, Computer Based Instruction (CBI) :: Continuing Education for Teachers :: CEUs, PLUs, Undergraduate, Graduate, Distance Learning for Educators :: VESi

Hmmm, I wonder if any of the grad courses would count toward CalCoast's EdD prerequisites.
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
Boy, you just described me! Can you take some grad classes with a letter of qualification (LOQ) from EC? I have used these letters before, as they indicate that you have finished your degree requirements and are just waiting for the school's conferral date. Your advisor can get it sent to you. What about creating a new user manual for EC students to be posted here? Just a thought! If you are really struggling how about coming to my house and helping me do my yearly paperwork shuffle and shredding? I also have a lot of yearly cleaning that needs done so come on over and have some fun! Lastly, just relax and enjoy all your accomplishments and the holidays!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
I'm hoping to be in your shoes between now and June but all I can suggest relates to me personally - I've been putting off things that need to be done around the house. I've mentally started that list and think I will start writing it down.

While pursuing this degree, everything else has been on hold. I'm sure that will get old quickly, though....certainly would rather be studying for a test that counts and means moving ahead than working around here :roflol:
I finished my degree in May then I had all kinds of teacher qualification things to do. I still have read about a million books caught up on my TV watching (housework is the last thing I want to do) and now I have applied to a masters program. I do have about a zillion things to do around the house, but I really miss the learning. When I started this journey in 2006 I just wanted to earn my AA.

Now I feel lost without studying something.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where can I find a cheap college-level writing/composition course ftlclam 4 804 02-27-2023, 11:28 PM
Last Post: ftlclam
  Is It Worth the Money to Get a College Degree? Lets Do the Math and Find Out! LevelUP 20 2,075 02-08-2023, 07:27 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Transferology question - how to find ACE and NCCRS? katsiki 4 544 10-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Do I have to Formally Enroll to Find Out What RA Credits Will Transfer? retro 8 980 04-13-2022, 01:24 PM
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,235 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Most direct way to find out if a course will transfer without transcript? Drakemoore 7 2,293 06-17-2020, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Drakemoore
  Can you help me find UL courses that match??? Idreamofadegree 4 1,063 10-30-2019, 11:12 AM
  Can't find my Peterson's tests! studyandpass5 0 854 06-29-2019, 11:47 AM
Last Post: studyandpass5
  Where can I find a study guide for Principles of Supervision? suzycupcake 4 1,263 03-17-2019, 08:37 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake
  Can't find DSST scores FishNDip 7 1,835 03-14-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: FishNDip