Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was your most difficult CLEP exam?
So far I would say Western Civ I or Humanities. Its hard to pick because they were so different. Western Civ was probably a harder test but more fun to study. Humanities was an easier test but it was going over tons of boring facts and trying to memorize names.
Western Civilization-59/3 Credits
Analyzing and Interpreting Lit.-66/6 Credits
Humanities-59/6 Credits
Principles of Management- 62/3 Credits
Principles of Marketing- 61/3 Credits
Introductory Sociology- 72/3 Credits
Introductory Psychology- 72/3 Credits
Western Civilization II- 56/3 Credits
Info. Systems & Computer Applications- 57/3 Credits

120 Credits Bachelors
-
33 Credits Completed
=
87 Credits Tell Bachelors
[SIZE="2"]Information Systems and Computer Applications was the most difficult exam for me so far. I understand that individual results have varied considerably on this exam, and I definitely do not want to scare anyone off, but I thought it was really tough. Nothing I studied successfully prepared me for this exam - most of the questions seemed to come out of nowhere. NOTE: I do not have any kind of background in this area at all. [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Here is my lineup since January 2008![/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]UP NEXT: Introductory Business Law
Biology 53 Cool
Intro to Educational Psychology 63
Principles of Marketing 65
College Algebra 60
Introductory Psychology 70
Human Growth and Development 68
Information Sys. Computer App. 48 OUCH! Sad
Introductory Sociology 66
Principles of Management 70
[B]US History II
[B]Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
54 [B][SIZE="1"]COLD[/SIZE]
English Composition with Essay 52 [SIZE="1"]COLD[/SIZE]
Plus, the 24 credits I've earned at the traditional B&M so far.
[SIZE="2"]
[COLOR="Red"]I am graduating in December of 2009!
BS in Human Resources Management
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
[/B][/B][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
lrgaul Wrote:[SIZE="2"]Information Systems and Computer Applications was the most difficult exam for me so far. I understand that individual results have varied considerably on this exam, and I definitely do not want to scare anyone off, but I thought it was really tough. Nothing I studied successfully prepared me for this exam - most of the questions seemed to come out of nowhere. NOTE: I do not have any kind of background in this area at all. [/SIZE]

I thought I didn't pass it. I think I guessed on about 75% of the test.
Some how I passed Big Grin
The sad part is that I work in that field. :confused:
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
MICROECOMICS. I got a 49, 1 stinkin point!!!!!!!!!
So far, Biology has taken the most preparation time of any, in one sense it was most difficult because I learned a complicated subject from scratch. Microeconomics was the most difficult in the sense that I had inadequately prepared and didn't know many answers and had to use elimination or completely random guesses on more than half of the questions.
I have 18 traditional credits and 51 exam credits. I've passed Introductory Sociology 76, Introductory Psychology 68, A&I Literature 66, Principles of Marketing 76, Introductory Business Law 71, Social Sciences & History 67, DSST Drug & Alcohol Abuse 450, Biology 69, Principles of Management 70, Natural Sciences 64, Intro to Business DSST 70, Principles of Macroeconomics 67, Principles of Microeconomics 58.
HUMANITIES
BA Social Sciences TESC 2009

CLEP
Humanities 64 | Intro Sociology 74 | Intro Psychology 74 | College Mathematics 60 | H.G. & Dev. 66
A&I Literature 65 | Educational Psychology 71 | American Government 67 | US History I 67 | US History II 72
Social Sciences & History 65 | English Comp 63
DSST
Civil War 61 | Substance Abuse 463 | Intro Computing 465 | Technical Writing 66 | Anthropology 66 | Prin. of Supervision 62
Enviro & Humanity 68 | Org Behavior 67 | Astronomy 60 | Ethics 467
ECE
World Population A | Research Methods in Psychology A | Adulthood & Aging A | Gerontology A | UExcel Political Science B

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Read My Story[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"] Tested out of 120 credits in 11 months. Started with [COLOR="Blue"]0[/COLOR] credits on April 20, 2008 - Finished on March 18th 2009
[/SIZE][COLOR="Navy"][COLOR="Navy"]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="#800080"][COLOR="#4B0082"]If you've been helped by someone on this forum then help someone on this forum.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]
At the time I took the exam I thaught each one was difficult. Recently I thought A & I Lit was a killer, but when I think back it really wasn't that hard. I would now say History of the Vietnam War which is funny because I did really well on it. I studied really hard, when I first decided to take it I thought it would be easy because I had lived through it. What irks me is this is the only history of whivh isn't for upper level credit.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Macroeconomics. I hate graphs. Smile I ended up doing really well on it though.

Western Civ was hard too because there was so much to keep track of.
Money and Banking with Statistics a close second. I failed M & B the first time around.
Finished in December, 2008 with my BSBA from TESC

Current events dialogue @SamRust on Twitter
Civil War and Reconstruction was the hardest one for me.
Jesse
BA, Thomas Edison State College
MS, Grand Canyon University

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,267 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 513 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 956 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 676 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,852 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 852 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Intel’s 12th Gen CPU can’t handle the Bar exam bluebooger 3 917 07-16-2022, 12:19 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,323 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,181 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,645 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP