Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOLI.EDU
Woli.edu is RA accredited and offers certificates for $999 and they are worth 15 RA credits mostly UL.  Cost is $66.60 a credit and I just began the certificate in economics.  Each chapter has a quiz and a final exam.  I'll post how my first quiz went once I take it tonight.

Books are included.

Quiz 1 is 150 minutes and 15 Questions, you can take it twice.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
[-] The following 2 users Like videogamesrock's post:
  • degreeseeker9, MNomadic
$999 for 15 credits seems expensive. And no one knows how they will transfer to your college.
https://www.woli.edu/information-technology-2.html

You can try ASU Earned Admission ($99 for 3 credits until mid August).
Yes that's until August, but find me cheaper RA credits after August than $66.60 a credit. That's cheaper than a CC in most cases and these are mostly UL.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
That is a great find for people that need some RA credits. The criminal justice certificate is 18 credits for $999 or $55.50/credit.

https://www.woli.edu/masterparalegal.html

The Master Paralegal Certificate program is 45 credits and costs $1799 with all materials included. $40/credit.

The fact that their classes are all self paced and they do installment plans are also pros for some people.

https://www.woli.edu/seniorparalegal.html

Wow, this program is $30/credit or $999 for 33 credits.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • videogamesrock
WOLI doesn't have regional accreditation from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. They have obtained regional accreditation from MSA-CESS, the Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools. This type of accreditation is available for some select post-secondary, non-degree technical programs. I wouldn't count on any credit transfers. You'd be really lucky if you received any college credit for this type of lower-level technical training.
[-] The following 6 users Like openair's post:
  • Ideas, Johann, MNomadic, nomaduser, ss20ts, videogamesrock
Wait, I found this:
https://www.woli.edu/learnstage/program_....php?id=16

So they allow you to take single 3 credit course for $299. That's $100 per credit.
(08-03-2020, 07:12 PM)nomaduser Wrote: $999 for 15 credits seems expensive. And no one knows how they will transfer to your college.
https://www.woli.edu/information-technology-2.html

You can try ASU Earned Admission ($99 for 3 credits until mid August).

(08-03-2020, 08:25 PM)nomaduser Wrote: Wait, I found this:
https://www.woli.edu/learnstage/program_....php?id=16

So they allow you to take single 3 credit course for $299. That's $100 per credit.

Aren't those the same as the certificate courses?

(08-03-2020, 08:14 PM)openair Wrote: WOLI doesn't have regional accreditation from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.  They have obtained regional accreditation from MSA-CESS, the Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools. This type of accreditation is available for some select post-secondary, non-degree technical programs. I wouldn't count on any credit transfers. You'd be really lucky if you received any college credit for this type of lower-level technical training.

Good find, I just emailed them to clarify.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
I'm going to scratch this one...their claims of accreditation are extraordinarily deceitful.  They certainly are regionally accredited but not for collegiate purposes.  Hat tip to open air by pointing this one out, they certainly had me fooled.  Requesting a refund at this point.

So for the record these are not for college credit.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
[-] The following 5 users Like videogamesrock's post:
  • degreeseeker9, MNomadic, nomaduser, rachel83az, ss20ts
(08-03-2020, 08:14 PM)openair Wrote: WOLI doesn't have regional accreditation from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.  They have obtained regional accreditation from MSA-CESS, the Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools. This type of accreditation is available for some select post-secondary, non-degree technical programs. I wouldn't count on any credit transfers. You'd be really lucky if you received any college credit for this type of lower-level technical training.

Good call. I know in the past I was looking at another online school that was "regionally accredited" for vocational/technical training but only nationally accredited for college courses.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Yes, this is like Penn Foster High School & College (or Ashworth), their High School programs are regionally accredited but college courses are nationally accredited. WOLI owns Excel High School and they offer the same thing as Ashworth/Penn Foster. Just like Penn Foster, their high school/college courses are going through ACE recommendation for credit. However, even at that price, for the money, I would get an Associates from BOG AAS or the COSC AA/AS instead...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]