Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU transfer....
Below, I have copy and pasted my signature which contains all of the courses I have taken so far. I am interested in a BS IT Management from WGU. Just by taking a quick glance below, any idea how much of this can be transferred over to WGU?

Based on Study.com's transfer guide https://study.com/directory/school/Weste...ransferTab it looks like COM120 wont transfer. I am unsure of the ALEKS College Algebra or SOPHIA courses. I will need to do some further research. I am just looking for a quick take/guidance. I am only willing to transfer to WGU if I can personally convince myself that I can finish in 1 term. Getting financial aid would also be nice. Having stability and not having things change every other minute like at TESU would also be nice. I could probably also graduate faster by going to WGU.  

[99 Credits Earned Total]
TESU BSBA-CIS {93 of 120 SH Completed}
TESU ASNSM-Computer Science {58 of 61 SH Completed}
TESU ASBA {54 of 60 SH Completed}
-----------------------------------------------------
Free Credits: TEEX Cybersecurity (6cr) NFA (1cr) Insurance Ethics 312 (2cr) Sophia DE Teams & EOM Conflict (2cr)

ALEKS: College Algebra (3cr)

SOPHIA: Psychology(3cr) Sociology(3cr) Human Biology(3cr) Intro to Information Technology(3cr)
Statistics(3cr) Macroeconomics(3cr) Microeconomics(3cr) English Composition I (3cr) Visual Communications(3cr)
Art History I(3cr) Environmental Science(3cr) Student Success(1cr) Accounting(3cr) Project Management(3cr) Ethics(3cr)
Ancient Greek Philosophers(3cr) Approaches to Studying Religions(3cr) US History I(3cr) US History II(3cr)

STUDY.COM: COM120(3cr) CS109(3cr) CS102(3cr) CS103(3cr) CS303(3cr UL) ENG105(3cr) BUS101(3cr) ACC102(3cr) POS102(3cr)     
BUS102(3cr)
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
It may be best just to apply and find out where you would currently be sitting at to be sure. Unless something has changed they should take Aleks College Algebra. Not sure on the Communications requirement. 

Here is the Saylor Partner Agreement for that degree path. And they offer a scholarship, if you use SL for four or more courses, so you may want to review their transfer guide as well for the WGU School of Business equivalencies at SL.

The WGU/Sophia Transfer page remains blank. They were accepting courses from Sophia in 2017, but maybe that has changed. You may need to contact Sophia or just ask WGU. In general, WGU has been ACE friendly so hopefully your Sophia courses can be transcribed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shadowgem's post:
  • AwardTour
If I were you I would apply to wgu (its free!) And see what happens. I hear they evaluate everything much quicker than tesu so you should have your answer quickly.
[-] The following 2 users Like natshar's post:
  • akr680, AwardTour
(10-08-2019, 10:20 PM)natshar Wrote: If I were you I would apply to wgu (its free!) And see what happens. I hear they evaluate everything much quicker than tesu so you should have your answer quickly.

I just applied to WGU this evening. Right after I filled out my application my phone rang. The person who called on behalf of WGU was nice but they did not have much info in response to my questions on what will transfer as well as financial aid. I filled out the application for free using the NOWFREE promo code. I am transferring in my credits from both Study.com and ACE. ACE contains all of my Sophia.org credits in addition to my other credits. 

I also filled out the FAFSA application. The FAFSA aid would be great and would definitely make me want to pick WGU depending upon how much of the $3K per term it covers. I also would like the majority of my credits to be transferred. 

I have to take a "Readiness Assessment" tomorrow. I will let everyone know what transferred and what did not after it is reviewed.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
(10-08-2019, 11:03 PM)AwardTour Wrote: I just applied to WGU this evening. Right after I filled out my application my phone rang. The person who called on behalf of WGU was nice but they did not have much info in response to my questions on what will transfer as well as financial aid. I filled out the application for free using the NOWFREE promo code. I am transferring in my credits from both Study.com and ACE. ACE contains all of my Sophia.org credits in addition to my other credits. 

I also filled out the FAFSA application. The FAFSA aid would be great and would definitely make me want to pick WGU depending upon how much of the $3K per term it covers. I also would like the majority of my credits to be transferred. 

I have to take a "Readiness Assessment" tomorrow. I will let everyone know what transferred and what did not after it is reviewed.

It will definitely be nice to see how they are currently handling Sophia course transfers, since there does not appear to be a current pathway guide for them. In the past they use to actually recommend Sophia to students who needed additional prep courses before being accepted. I think you even use to be able to send direct transcripts from Sophia, similar to SL and SDC.

Applying and having your courses evaluated will not officially enroll you, and your enrollment counselor may even be able to help guide you towards where you could take any outstanding courses before your official start date. 

Just remember that at WGU once you have enrolled, you are not able to transfer in anymore credits. If after you receive your evaluation, you can identify additional courses that you would prefer to take and transfer in, be sure to delay your start date and do not officially enroll until you are down to only the remaining courses you want to take at WGU.
[-] The following 2 users Like shadowgem's post:
  • AwardTour, davewill
(10-08-2019, 11:03 PM)AwardTour Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 10:20 PM)natshar Wrote: If I were you I would apply to wgu (its free!) And see what happens. I hear they evaluate everything much quicker than tesu so you should have your answer quickly.

I just applied to WGU this evening. Right after I filled out my application my phone rang. The person who called on behalf of WGU was nice but they did not have much info in response to my questions on what will transfer as well as financial aid. I filled out the application for free using the NOWFREE promo code. I am transferring in my credits from both Study.com and ACE. ACE contains all of my Sophia.org credits in addition to my other credits. 

Do some courses through SL and you will get 2000$ discount (500/semester)
------------------

[-] The following 2 users Like akr680's post:
  • AwardTour, shadowgem
(10-09-2019, 10:16 AM)shadowgem Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 11:03 PM)AwardTour Wrote: I just applied to WGU this evening. Right after I filled out my application my phone rang. The person who called on behalf of WGU was nice but they did not have much info in response to my questions on what will transfer as well as financial aid. I filled out the application for free using the NOWFREE promo code. I am transferring in my credits from both Study.com and ACE. ACE contains all of my Sophia.org credits in addition to my other credits. 

It will definitely be nice to see how they are currently handling Sophia course transfers, since there does not appear to be a current pathway guide for them. In the past they use to actually recommend Sophia to students who needed additional prep courses before being accepted. I think you even use to be able to send direct transcripts from Sophia, similar to SL and SDC.

Applying and having your courses evaluated will not officially enroll you, and your enrollment counselor may even be able to help guide you towards where you could take any outstanding courses before your official start date. 

Just remember that at WGU once you have enrolled, you are not able to transfer in anymore credits. If after you receive your evaluation, you can identify additional courses that you would prefer to take and transfer in, be sure to delay your start date and do not officially enroll until you are down to only the remaining courses you want to take at WGU.

Sophia just told me they no longer have an official transfer guide. The WGU sub page on Sophia's site is still blank whereas in the past it contained information. I guess their relationship is not what it once was. Whatever the case, I have my Sophia courses on my ACE transcript and I just had the transcripts sent directly from Sophia to WGU. I will be sure to share what transfers and what does not.

(10-09-2019, 11:17 AM)akr680 Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 11:03 PM)AwardTour Wrote:

Do some courses through SL and you will get 2000$ discount (500/semester)

I will be trying to knock out my remaining requirements in 1 term but thanks for sharing that info. I might possibly take some SL courses.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
[-] The following 1 user Likes AwardTour's post:
  • shadowgem
(10-09-2019, 11:17 AM)akr680 Wrote: Do some courses through SL and you will get 2000$ discount (500/semester)

This is a great suggestion, if you do find there are any courses you still need and can meet via SL. 

In addition to the small scholarship, WGU also offers a tuition credit of $50 per course ($200 maximum) for your first four SL courses (according to the fine print at the bottom of the page) that you transfer over. Since most SL courses are around $59 + $99/month membership, that could amount to a nice cost savings overall if any of their courses help complete your degree plan sooner than just taking the course directly with WGU.
You are much closer to a TESU degree than WGU in terms of number of courses left (about 11 vs. 22), but it's still going to be cheaper to make the switch to WGU if you can. I would take as many courses as possible through alternative providers, maybe spend ~$1000 for 12 courses, and then complete the final 10 courses in a single term.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • AwardTour
Aleks College Algebra shouldn't be an issue in transferring.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • AwardTour

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question regarding transfer credit courses jobojoe285 6 324 03-28-2024, 12:35 AM
Last Post: jobojoe285
  New transfer credit for Master degree - WGU Imbanewbie 16 2,242 01-20-2024, 04:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Expired CompTIA Certs for Transfer siersema 4 665 01-15-2024, 04:50 PM
Last Post: raekwon
  Computer Science 305: Operating Systems Transfer to WGU alesalsa10 4 739 10-19-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: alesalsa10
  How do I know what classes I have completed and can transfer? tazz 17 2,964 10-06-2023, 05:02 PM
Last Post: tazz
  How do transfer (sophia.org/ACE) credits look on a WGU transcript for grad school? dan087 4 1,047 09-25-2023, 05:01 AM
Last Post: dan087
  Sophia's Visual Communcation and Introduction to Information Technology WGU Transfer? OP88 4 1,627 05-16-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UoPeople to WGU Transfer EDUxplorer 9 2,342 01-09-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ASU UL classes transfer to WGU sprout18 10 1,646 09-02-2022, 02:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia.org python transfer to wgu (cloud computing) Clepking100 6 2,120 07-19-2022, 03:19 PM
Last Post: LevelUP